PDA

View Full Version : how can i stay away from bad food

DamWayne
September 20th, 2015, 03:52 PM
hey everyone.
im a guy, i have some sort of bulimia (yeah hard to believe for a guy, i know) and i would like to ask for help...

I know, i cant get cured by searching online, its like going online to learn how to perform a heart surgery on myself, but i want to know what can i do to improve myself..;

So yeah i am very fat (a very fat guy, you can hate me for that and call me a pig, i am used to it) and i eat a lot of junk, a lot of sweet and greasy junk.

Why am i eating that, since "guys are tough, guys are supposed to "man up", guys dont eat sugar, they eat meat and lift weights and play football!"

Well, i am very very anxious. As soon as i am anxious i eat shit, it calms me down... Last year was incredibly stressful at school, i gained 11 kilos in 8 months (yeah its terrible i know)

Why is it possible? I dont eat a lot or specially bad during meals, i dont eat sweet stuff for breakfast, for dinner i try to stay away from simple carbs and i dont stuff myself.
Just that i snack3. I cant top snacking, and my parents have the habit to have a very big meal with like a cake every saturday...
I cant stop myself eating snacks during the day, any kind of stuff realy...

Once we went camping for a week, without any bad snacks to eat, just what we took, vegetables, meat, pasta, rice... And it was surprisingly easy to eat that. I was craving for bad food but i could resist since i wasnt directly exposed to these and it was fading away from my mind after a while...

I asked my parents not to buy snacks and sweets anymore but they refused, they dont see me as fat and dont think i have a problem at all... I asked them not to keep these in the kitchen or lock it on a box or something... they didnt wanted either...

What can i do, when i dont want to eat crap but i have to live surrounded by them... Someone online said that it wasnt shameful to hide or get rid of a certain type of food to resist the temptation, he said the only way he had to resist was to not allow any of these bad foods in his house, and i know it works for me, but my family are not helping at all... Just yesterday they bought a giant pot of Nutella...

Do you guys have any tips to resist, or to be able to supress the need of eating junk, while being surrounded by it?

Reise
September 20th, 2015, 03:58 PM
God how did you find junk stuff in France?

Seriously, what is your BMI? And your age as well?
Maybe you should seek for a doctor, you know, someone qualified who can speak to your parents, because without your family's help, this is gonna be hard.

DamWayne
September 20th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Chips, biscuits Prince, Oreos, Nutella, Ice cream, cookies, P'tits écoliers, tons of pasrty... junky enough for you?
My BMI is 29.

Reise
September 20th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Non-English removed. ~Elysium

Pastry is gastronomic stuff.

As I said, doctor, school director, anyone your parents might listen to.

Rjs2000
October 21st, 2015, 11:42 AM
Its all about getting in the right mindset!!

Nightfall_
October 22nd, 2015, 11:52 AM
everybody else is right. Its all in the mind. Also, no one will tease you and call you a pig or anything like that on here? ok? And if it does happen for some reason, a stop will be put to it.

Noody
October 23rd, 2015, 06:58 AM
1. Set targets for yourself

I think it's worth setting targets for yourself and rewarding yourself based on those targets. Maybe have a digital calendar that you set for yourself where you go for maybe 5 days without eating 'shit' and then have a day or two where you are allowed to eat a moderate amount. I do it for drinking, I won't drink at all on the weekdays but once it gets to Friday and Saturday I will drink (sometimes a lot more than I should.. But it is still advantageous)

2. Share what you are doing with a friend or even family member

Another really effective technique in my opinion is to share what you are doing with a friend or family member (or even someone online if you feel uncomfortable telling someone irl) and give them updates every now and again on how you are doing. You have to be honest with them though.
The idea of this is that it you know that if you digress for a day and eat 'shit', then you will be disappointing with yourself AND your friend will also know.
It's like going to the gym with a friend instead of yourself, it's motivation.

3. Don't underestimate the power of exercise

It's not all about not eating the 'shit' food. If you exercise more, you will be able to eat more 'shit', therefore reducing your cravings for it, but you will burn off all the calories and cholesterol that you gained by eating it.
It's also worth noting that if you work hard to keep that weight off at the gym or whatnot, you will be less likely to backtrack and eat the 'shit' because you know you have worked hard to get to where you are.

I lost 8 kilograms over 2 weeks whilst I was sailing over the summer. I was eating more than I have ever done in my life and I expected to go home and find out I had gained 8 kilograms. I got home and faced weeks of comments like "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" and the sort.

3. Don't give up

Remember, you will have highs and lows throughout this process. No matter what, don't give up on your targets. Even if you don't meet them, just extend it a week or so. Just imagine the feeling you'll get when you meet that target.

Good luck! Keep us posted! :))

ily<3 -Noody

jssixna
October 24th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I agree you need to exercise. You should do cardio, or start lifting weights to burn off calories. It's hard, but you need the willpower to stop. Before you eat the junk, think if it's worth it. Trust me, it may seem like it at the moment, but after you eat it, you'll feel guilty. You should eat 2 large meals a day and a small dinner. When you snack, look at the serving size. Watch cholesterol, carbs, calories, and Sat. Fat in foods. Breads, rice, red meats, chips, pastries are what is what is making you like this. When snacking eat fruits like an apple? It fills me up. I've also read drinking a big glass of water before meals will help you eat less since your stomach will be full. Try it, but don't starve yourself. It's a process and it takes time.

Little mermaid
November 8th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Have you been to a doctor? Are you bulimic or bed (binge eating disorder)? I'm diagnosed with anorexia restrictive type and in the hospital i learnt a bunch about all the the eds, purging (in whatever means) is really damaging to your body and you need to go to a doctor to see if everything is alright and if your electrolytes/heart/vitals are okay. You could try googling some tips for not to binge since I don't have any off hand.

colorfulights
November 30th, 2015, 12:22 AM
I'm only slightly overweight, so it doesn't seem like a concern to my parents either. This probably won't help at all, but you're not alone. I'm a pretty lazy person (could stay in bed all day without a care), but when I get focused on something, I kinda forget to eat, drink, and sleep. But when I do remember, I want all of the junk food in our pantry. It's actually bought as snacks for my younger siblings (they're picky af), but IT'S STILL THERE. I've tried asking my parents to stop buying stuff or if we could figure out a different snack for them to keep it out, but they refuse.
Seriously though. Grocery store: fine. I just have to walk past it and it doesn't affect me a bit.
Home: i constantly walk past the kitchen and am reminded of everything I could reach in and grab

benlodge123
March 4th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Find good stuff that you like.

Cristina15
March 18th, 2016, 03:35 PM
mmm i think you have really a eating disorder: you must go to a doctor, talk to him and start to understand that food can be also dangerous

thatgothgirluknow
March 22nd, 2016, 08:04 PM
hey everyone.
So yeah i am very fat (a very fat guy, you can hate me for that and call me a pig, i am used to it) and i eat a lot of junk, a lot of sweet and greasy junk.

Well, i am very very anxious. As soon as i am anxious i eat shit, it calms me down...
I cant stop myself eating snacks during the day, any kind of stuff really...

it sounds like you have a problem with bingeing which means you should really talk with a doctor but anyway i can give you a few tips as to how to stop bingeing as i have issues with it as well but keep in mind that is easy to go from one eating disorder to another so if you do try to restrict how much you eat make sure that you are still eating enough to keep healthy and not starving yourself

1. plan out your meals for the day include 3 meals and one medium sized snack maybe even put what you plan on eating in a container

2. distractions play on the computer write draw do anything to calm yourself down that doesn't involve eating

3. this video may help it has tips for bulimia and bingeing https://youtu.be/bodF8vfRCcQ

Abhorrence
March 22nd, 2016, 11:08 PM
Find good stuff that you like.

Please do not bump threads that have had two months or longer of inactivity. :locked: