PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the urge

Aventzger
September 17th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Hey everyone, recently, I've been talking to couple of my friends who are from my school which I graduated from last year. While chatting with them via snapchat, it was revealed to me that one of my friends has started to consume alcohol while another has started smoking.

Mind you, these 2 friends of mine are 14-15 years old. Although there's no minimum drinking age in private (minimum age for public drinking is 18) for my country and my friend is responsible in controlling his alcohol intake. My other other friend is smoking underage. (Legal smoking age here is 18)
I've been brought up in a very sheltered family and I've been hidden away from all these things and only now that I've been living in a cave.

I'm fully aware of the health risks involved and don't bother asking me to turn to e-cigarettes because my silly government banned them.

I'm 17 and I know I can't smoke/go drink in a pub til next year and I'm capable of waiting but the urge is getting stronger by the day. Think of it as a salesman knocking on your door and offering a larger discount day by day.

How should I cope with this urge and help my friend quit smoking?

dxcxdzv
September 18th, 2015, 06:20 AM
Aventzger : Soon you will find something else to focus on.
Don't worry, be patient, I know it might look hard, but that's the best way.

Aventzger
September 18th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Aventzger : Soon you will find something else to focus one.
Don't worry, be patient, I know it might look hard, but that's the best way.

Thank you! Thought no one would answer my post. Thank you so much!

collapsing_rain
September 19th, 2015, 04:35 AM
Actually, why do u want to smoke? It's disastrous for health and just imagine your throat and lungs blackened with eww stuffs.. like the haze recently. For alcohol, haha its quite silly cos I have a very low alcohol tolerance and drinking one glass of beer makes my face go red and makes me look really stupid lol.

Human
September 22nd, 2015, 05:30 PM
Focus on school or a hobby like the gym

Aventzger
September 26th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Actually, why do u want to smoke? It's disastrous for health and just imagine your throat and lungs blackened with eww stuffs.. like the haze recently. For alcohol, haha its quite silly cos I have a very low alcohol tolerance and drinking one glass of beer makes my face go red and makes me look really stupid lol.

I just wanna give it a shot, idk mixed feelings really...

Stronk Serb
September 27th, 2015, 04:20 AM
Don't start smoking. It will burn a hole in your pockets just like it did with me. Also it will ruin your lungs long-term. For drinking, it's best you do it with your friends and don't overdrink. It is bad. Been there, done that.

phuckphace
September 27th, 2015, 04:24 AM
wait so you can buy real cigs but not ecigs? what kind of a Mickey Mouse outfit is that :lol3:

Aventzger
October 13th, 2015, 06:04 PM
wait so you can buy real cigs but not ecigs? what kind of a Mickey Mouse outfit is that :lol3:

I can't buy e-ciggs because my government has banned them, along with many alternatives to smoking. Next year they are banning nose snuffs.