PDA

View Full Version : Weight check

bleh.
September 15th, 2015, 11:08 PM
So I just want a page where we can check with other people to get their opinions on if we're healthy or not.

To start off, I am 13 years old, 5'4", and weigh 91.5 pounds. Am I healthy? Do I need to gain or lose weight and how much?

hockeyboi99
September 15th, 2015, 11:48 PM
I don't think your weight is too unhealthy for your age/height. I believe the average weight (though I could be wrong) for a 13 year old female (typically around your height) would be around 95-112 lbs. It really depends on your body type, and metabolism as well.

xXl0sth0peXx
September 16th, 2015, 06:17 PM
This isn't really eating disorder related, so I'm going to move this thread for you. Eating Disorders :arrow: VT General Hospital

As for the answer to your question, in theory, you're underweight. But that means little. It all depends on your body and whatnot. Just be sure to eat a little bit of everything - get all your nutrients, eat some cake, have some broccoli, have a steak.. just balance and let your body decide what it wants.

CuteGuy889
September 20th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Let me analyze it this way..

I was never muscled..never sporty...Used to be 48kg, BMI was 15.2 making me underweight...skin & bones..was a stick..could manage 5 crunches and 5 push ups..run 1km ..

Now I've put on a bit and stand 65kg BMI is 20.6 making me normal weight...now I've got some fat apart from skin and bones...got a soft belly roll and a rounded full butt...still look slender as long as my shirt is on...can do abt 3 crunches/3push ups..huff puff about 500meters..

was I healthy ?..yeah..was never sick..
was I fit ?..sort of
was my weight normal?..no..was way underweight...BMI of 15.2

Now after gaining some
Am I healthy?..yes...not sick
Am I fit?...now unfitter...
is my weight normal?...yeah..BMI of 20.6 normal

Would you call me "fat"....? What are your criteria ?

Babs
September 21st, 2015, 11:08 PM
That would be classified as underweight, but not terribly so. You shouldn't have anything to worry about as long as you're eating the right amount. Maybe you're just naturally skinny.