PDA

View Full Version : Something I wrote for English

Sir Suomi
September 13th, 2015, 08:54 PM
So I recently just got done writing this for my English class with my instructions being to "describe a place that you have significant emotional attachment to". Just curious to see what you guys thought.

The moon is my only source of light as I make my way to my destination. The local wildlife are all still sleeping in these few remaining minutes of darkness, so the only sound I hear are my footsteps, heavy due the weight of all my gear being carried on my back, and my own breath. The air is still cold, making every breath burn within my lungs as finally arrive to the treeline. I scan the area until I see the metallic structure poke out from the branches of a nearby tree. The leafs are beginning to change from their warm and vibrant colors to a more dull and humble shades of brown, orange, and yellow. I loop a piece of hanging string through my upper cam on my bow which will allow me to lift it up later on. The metal ladder is cold enough that I feel its effect on my hands through my gloves. I begin making my way up the ladder, careful not to fall back due to the weight of the backpack on my shoulders. Its a short climb up the ladder, and as I make my way to the top, Im greeted by the sight of the sun beginning to poke its head above the horizon. After a quick survey of the surrounding area I hang my backpack on a hook embedded in the tree and finally allow myself to rest as I sit back in my seat. As the sun begins to shine against my back, I take in a deep breath and enjoy Natures aroma. I hear the local wildlife begin to spring into life as the birds break into their songs, the squirrels bickering amongst themselves, and most importantly to me, the deep monotone grunt of a male deer beginning to make its way through the trees. Here, in my treestand, I feel at ease with both myself and nature.

DriveAlive
September 13th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I like it. Good job capturing the feeling. Personally, you should get out of the tree stand and try spot and stalk some time

Sir Suomi
September 13th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I like it. Good job capturing the feeling. Personally, you should get out of the tree stand and try spot and stalk some time

I hunt whitetail. Stalking is not an option with them, especially with a bow. Now mule deer and turkey? Totally.

phuckphace
September 13th, 2015, 10:26 PM
I always see whitetail chilling on the golf course behind my apartment. those things can MOVE yo, don't see how anybody could hit one without autoaim

DriveAlive
September 14th, 2015, 07:46 PM
I hunt whitetail. Stalking is not an option with them, especially with a bow. Now mule deer and turkey? Totally.
Where I live, the whitetail can be stalked. It certainly is more difficult, but it can be done. Its probably because they are hunted in more tree cover.

Horatio Nelson
September 14th, 2015, 11:09 PM
I always see whitetail chilling on the golf course behind my apartment. those things can MOVE yo, don't see how anybody could hit one without autoaim

You don't shoot them while they're moving. :P

Sir Suomi
September 16th, 2015, 06:17 PM
You don't shoot them while they're moving. :P

Well... I have. You shouldn't try to though. The only reason I shot mine on the move is because it was probably the biggest buck I was going to see in my life here in Nebraska.