PDA

View Full Version : Risky situation...

MeliWelli
September 13th, 2015, 01:53 PM
I know for a fact my sister is putting herself in a really risky situation. She moved in with her bf who shares a house with 4 other guys. She's only "dating" her bf but she's started sleeping with all the guys in the house. I'm the only other person who knows about it because she told me, but I don't know what to do. She's older than I am, and an adult, but I think she might be putting herself in a risky/dangerous situation. Should I say something to her or my folks?? It's nothing to do with reputation at this point, more her health and safety that concerns me...

Uniquemind
September 13th, 2015, 02:24 PM
My advice is to stay out of it.

There is little even your parents can do because she's moved out, and because she's an adult legally.

Do you know how the boyfriend feels? Is she doing it with the other guys behind his back and is he an abusive type if he discovers what's going on?

SkyClad33605
September 13th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Without knowing anything about the people involved I would say you have done your part in voicing your concern but this is your sister's decision. Unless the people involved are legit dangerous, like gang related, then she has to learn from her decisions. You are a good sister for your concern, but it's her life.

Is this an open relationship? Is it a communal house? A friend of mine who graduated a few years ago lives in a similar situation at her college and it works out fine for her. But everyone is different, every situation is different.

ClaraWho
September 13th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Well that sounds disappointing. Unfortunately all you can do is talk to her about it, and learn from her mistake. I'd be upset too, just don't turn out like her.

Hope she comes around sooner than later...

~ Clara

Katie96xox
September 13th, 2015, 03:37 PM
I'd stay well out of it. If you want then tell your sister she probably shouldn't be doing that but otherwise stay out of it.

Just JT
September 13th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Just a guys perspective, sorry about jumping in here ok?
I don't get the impression here that she has even voiced her concern to her sister yet
Being a guy, know how guys operate and think and stuff, I think you agre spot on here.
I think you should voice your concern to her, once, then stay outa it.

neledisapersonne
September 13th, 2015, 07:26 PM
You should definitely talk to her but nothing more than that unless she is in real danger or threat

kayla...
September 13th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Is there a sisterly way of calling her a slut? My brother and I are close enough to call each other all kinds of names if we disapprove of the others actions and still be cool

Daniella98
September 14th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Without knowing anything about the people involved I would say you have done your part in voicing your concern but this is your sister's decision. Unless the people involved are legit dangerous, like gang related, then she has to learn from her decisions. You are a good sister for your concern, but it's her life.

Is this an open relationship?

I agree and thought about the same question.

LITTLEANGEL16
September 14th, 2015, 01:22 AM
You should definitely talk to her but nothing more than that unless she is in real danger or threat

I agree have a chat with her about the situation she is in, also her boyfriend does not think much about her to allow what she is doing to carry on. Hope all goes well.

sweettayla
September 14th, 2015, 02:00 AM
As everyone has said, there's really not much you can do about it. You might remind her that what she's doing will get her labelled as a slut pretty quickly though.

MeliWelli
September 15th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Thanks everyone. Didn't expect so many people to tell me to stay out of it...but she did say she has an "open" relationship. I'm generally not against the idea of it, but I think she's doing more than what might be safe...More to think about, but will probably leave it alone for now.

kayla...
September 15th, 2015, 08:40 PM
As everyone has said, there's really not much you can do about it. You might remind her that what she's doing will get her labelled as a slut pretty quickly though.

Looks like a duck... sounds like a duck... It's probably a duck

LITTLEANGEL16
September 15th, 2015, 10:06 PM
looks like a duck... Sounds like a duck... It's probably a duck

quack quack