PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

bleh.
September 10th, 2015, 08:17 PM
So I have very low self esteem and I think I'm fat. I've started eating less and less but I don't make myself not eat I'm just not hungry. At lunch I only eat a couple slices of apple. Is something wrong with me I don't know what to do.

hockeyboi99
September 10th, 2015, 08:59 PM
You could be depressed. Loss of appetite is a common contributing factor to depression. It certainly wouldn't hurt to go see a doctor, and get a better look at what could be causing this and how to fix the problem.

eric2001
September 10th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Do you exercise at all? That is good for a lot of things.

CuteGuy889
September 11th, 2015, 01:10 PM
This areises because of mixed up pririties. During teens we think apperace is everything...NO it is not....What u achive during your teens are the stuff that will last your life time...The fatty, the skinny the jock..everyone will end up with a plumpy dad-bod by 30..Thats the rule....The time that happens vary.

I myself was a stick skinny guy who worried and stopped eating whn my GF pinched a bit of a love handle..was 15...I was 45kg with 27" waist....Well it worked for lyk 6m...Then it dawned to me all this is just skin deep..I started eating what I like (i love fast food, sweets, ..) well by 17 I'm now 66kg with a 36" waist...my tum, butt and thighs have got really soft..softer than my GFs....I don't care...I never was sporty and I dont see a need to work out...for being normal weight....

Instead I've driven all my energies to my school grades and they have gone up thro the roof..And made me popular..few tease abt my change ..mostly out of envy...

I snack on what I lyk when cramming for my exams..I've put on 1kilo during last holiday...Someday these will be just small talk...How skinny this guy used to be etc....But by concentrating on stuff that matters I know I am laying the foundation for long lasting success.

As long as I'm not overweight (at 5'10" it I got to be at least 80kg for that) it is very unlikely that this will affect my health...I may have a chubby belly and look unfit huffing and puffing but I'm healthy...If and whn I get overweight (may be in college) then I'll consider cutting back on food...

ryanjones
September 12th, 2015, 04:55 AM
You look perfect, no matter how bad you feel, know that ALWAYS. Think about maybe eating more healthy food if you still dont believe me because this will get you eating again and should help with your self-esteem

bleh.
September 12th, 2015, 05:41 PM
You look perfect, no matter how bad you feel, know that ALWAYS. Think about maybe eating more healthy food if you still dont believe me because this will get you eating again and should help with your self-esteem

Thank you so much I really needed that

bleh.
September 12th, 2015, 05:42 PM
You could be depressed. Loss of appetite is a common contributing factor to depression. It certainly wouldn't hurt to go see a doctor, and get a better look at what could be causing this and how to fix the problem.

I do suffer from some depression I will consider a doctor thank you.

bleh.
September 12th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Do you exercise at all? That is good for a lot of things.

I do exercise some but you're right I probably should do more.

bleh.
September 12th, 2015, 05:43 PM
This areises because of mixed up pririties. During teens we think apperace is everything...NO it is not....What u achive during your teens are the stuff that will last your life time...The fatty, the skinny the jock..everyone will end up with a plumpy dad-bod by 30..Thats the rule....The time that happens vary.

I myself was a stick skinny guy who worried and stopped eating whn my GF pinched a bit of a love handle..was 15...I was 45kg with 27" waist....Well it worked for lyk 6m...Then it dawned to me all this is just skin deep..I started eating what I like (i love fast food, sweets, ..) well by 17 I'm now 66kg with a 36" waist...my tum, butt and thighs have got really soft..softer than my GFs....I don't care...I never was sporty and I dont see a need to work out...for being normal weight....

Instead I've driven all my energies to my school grades and they have gone up thro the roof..And made me popular..few tease abt my change ..mostly out of envy...

I snack on what I lyk when cramming for my exams..I've put on 1kilo during last holiday...Someday these will be just small talk...How skinny this guy used to be etc....But by concentrating on stuff that matters I know I am laying the foundation for long lasting success.

As long as I'm not overweight (at 5'10" it I got to be at least 80kg for that) it is very unlikely that this will affect my health...I may have a chubby belly and look unfit huffing and puffing but I'm healthy...If and whn I get overweight (may be in college) then I'll consider cutting back on food...

Thank you I love your story.

hazelteen
September 14th, 2015, 03:38 PM
nutritionally, what youre eating abosoltuly isnt enough. Remember that most girls haev very low self esteem in teenage years, you should know that youre not alone. Instead of just judgin if youre by looking at yourself, you should go to your local gp and ask for adice. (I would also ask if you can get your bmi tested if that would give you some reasurance that your not fat.)

bleh.
September 15th, 2015, 10:51 PM
nutritionally, what youre eating abosoltuly isnt enough. Remember that most girls haev very low self esteem in teenage years, you should know that youre not alone. Instead of just judgin if youre by looking at yourself, you should go to your local gp and ask for adice. (I would also ask if you can get your bmi tested if that would give you some reasurance that your not fat.)

Thanks and you know what? We should talk we seem pretty similar we're the same age and gender and I feel like we could be friends:)

hazelteen
September 19th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks and you know what? We should talk we seem pretty similar we're the same age and gender and I feel like we could be friends:)

Sure Jenna, I see that you're new so Personal Message me when you reach 100 posts and we can chat more if you want, we should be friends!

I'll send you a friend request as well :)

Good luck with everything you're going through, whoever you are, nobody should ever feel like they're not good enough and go through low self esteem.