PDA

View Full Version : Raw Almonds

YouTube
September 8th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Over the weekend I took a trip to my nearest neighborhood market because I've been running out of fruits and nuts. So I decided to get some almonds (unsalted) because I was craving some. Yesterday I finished my long run and decided to have some almonds. But then I realized I had eaten over half the bag (originally >1 lb of almonds) I had a headache after which usually happens after my runs so I didn't think much of it. Hours later I began to have discomfort in my stomach which did not go away and prevented me from sleeping. I woke up and the discomfort was still present, so my parents told me to stay home :(

So I am currently at home and I am only allowed to eat bananas, bread, and other "staple" foods.

Apparently raw almonds have an enzyme on them that makes them hard to digest? That would make sense considering the fact that I ate a large amount of them.

eric2001
September 8th, 2015, 10:43 AM
That's just plain nuts!!! tee hee :D

Vermilion
September 8th, 2015, 10:55 AM
you do know almonds make cyanide ? they would cause stomach ache

ObliviousCat
September 11th, 2015, 02:56 AM
you do know almonds make cyanide ? they would cause stomach ache

The only way to get cyanide poisoning from almonds is to eat at least 2kg of them (1,650 kernels) to get a lethal dose. I doubt someone could eat that many.

Vermilion
September 11th, 2015, 03:28 AM
The only way to get cyanide poisoning from almonds is to eat at least 2kg of them (1,650 kernels) to get a lethal dose. I doubt someone could eat that many.

I wasn't saying he's going to die from it I was trying to say that they can cause it so they would affect the stomach.

Hudor
September 11th, 2015, 10:19 AM
I guess the problem was that you ate unpeeled almonds. Their covering could cause stomach ache maybe if you eat them in large amounts which you did.

phuckphace
September 11th, 2015, 10:29 AM
yeah buddy might want to ease up on the cyanide there. you can start by choosing a different nut, a nut far more appealing in taste and texture than your Zyklon nuts. the hazelnut or filbert, get at em. get the shelled ones cause they're a bitch to crack.

I'd suggest salted macadamias too but they're expensive as fuark