PDA

View Full Version : Can u only message a member of staff?

Jackieboii
September 5th, 2015, 06:50 PM
I've tried pm people and it says I can only pm staff??

Uranus
September 5th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Until you have at least 100 posts, you will only be able to contact those who are staff/mods Here at VT. Once you have 100+ posts, feel free to message anyone you like.

You can however send people VM's (Visitor Messages) via their profile, but until you have 250 posts, they will need to be approved before they are sent. Once you have 250+ you won't need to wait for them to be approved.

StoppingTime
September 5th, 2015, 08:27 PM
P101 :arrow: VTHQ.

Elysium
September 5th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Until you have at least 100 posts, you will only be able to contact those who are staff/mods Here at VT. Once you have 100+ posts, feel free to message anyone you like.

You can however send people VM's (Visitor Messages) via their profile, but until you have 250 posts, they will need to be approved before they are sent. Once you have 250+ you won't need to wait for them to be approved.
To be taken off of VM moderation, you must have 250+ posts and have been a member for 3+ months.

The Byrd
September 6th, 2015, 05:44 AM
To be taken off of VM moderation, you must have 250+ posts and have been a member for 3+ months.

I didn't know that

impan1019
September 6th, 2015, 10:57 PM
how long does it normally take to get over 100 posts?

Elysium
September 6th, 2015, 11:02 PM
how long does it normally take to get over 100 posts?
That depends on way too many factors to give you any type of reliable answer. Maybe, roughly, a few days, assuming frequent and consistent activity across the board (without straight up responding to every thread you can find)?

impan1019
September 6th, 2015, 11:08 PM
im trying to move up my post count but i dont want to start like spamming sbecause i respect the mods.... (I tried modding for a friends forum.. dont remember then name... and keeping up with spam was a bitch) and spam is annoying

Elysium
September 6th, 2015, 11:11 PM
im trying to move up my post count but i dont want to start like spamming sbecause i respect the mods.... (I tried modding for a friends forum.. dont remember then name... and keeping up with spam was a bitch) and spam is annoying
You only need four more posts. You'll get there pretty shortly, I'm sure. And yes, we appreciate your consideration :P As long as you don't bump threads, double post, or make any posts that are irrelevant/insubstantial/otherwise somehow a rule violation, you should be golden.

impan1019
September 6th, 2015, 11:18 PM
what exactly is considered a bumped thread?

Elysium
September 6th, 2015, 11:25 PM
what exactly is considered a bumped thread?
You're bumping a thread when you post in a thread that's been inactive for two months or more (with exceptions, but for the most part).

impan1019
September 6th, 2015, 11:27 PM
thanks Elysium