PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

OMGOMG132
September 4th, 2015, 01:01 PM
So, about a week ago I have finished watching Breaking Bad...

God damn is a good TV show.

eric2001
September 4th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Walter White was anti-social too. :P

audiophile5
September 4th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Haha,I've also finished it a few weeks ago. It was so good, funny and serious at the same time. I'm really gonna miss him. Though it does prove a point: you should do what you really love, in spite of the consequences.

phuckphace
September 6th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Haha,I've also finished it a few weeks ago. It was so good, funny and serious at the same time. I'm really gonna miss him. Though it does prove a point: you should do what you really love, in spite of the consequences.

lol what the fuck? Walter's pride and total disregard for the consequences of his actions led to his downfall, the death of his brother-in-law, and the loss of his family. BB should serve as a warning against pride and selfishness, because it will consume you and destroy your soul.

audiophile5
September 6th, 2015, 03:37 AM
Yeah, but in the last episode, when he was talking to skyler, he didn't say "i did it for the family" anymore, he said "i did it because I liked it". And also the series ended with him dying in a lab, which kinda suggests that he wanted to die in that environment which he loved.

AutumnWinds
January 16th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Yeah, but in the last episode, when he was talking to skyler, he didn't say "i did it for the family" anymore, he said "i did it because I liked it". And also the series ended with him dying in a lab, which kinda suggests that he wanted to die in that environment which he loved.

i tend to agree more with this interpretation.

RiHouse
January 26th, 2016, 09:06 PM
I agree it is a good TV show. Great even, but it's just a little bit too repetitive for my liking, and I think we can all agree that it definitely didn't need to go on for as long as it did. There's a basic formula to every 4-5 episode chunk and it is as follows: They cook; they lose the money; they lose the money; they cook; they lose the money. And it just happens over and over and over again.

Drewboyy
January 26th, 2016, 09:18 PM
I agree it is a good TV show. Great even, but it's just a little bit too repetitive for my liking, and I think we can all agree that it definitely didn't need to go on for as long as it did. There's a basic formula to every 4-5 episode chunk and it is as follows: They cook; they lose the money; they lose the money; they cook; they lose the money. And it just happens over and over and over again.

Yeah but isn't that every show? What makes it interesting is how they lose the money and under what circumstances do they cook.

RiHouse
January 26th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Yeah but isn't that every show? What makes it interesting is how they lose the money and under what circumstances do they cook.

I disagree. There are shows that have constant conflict without it being repetitive. Game of Thrones is a good example of this even though I'm not a fan of the show (the books are fantastic), there's always something new happening in that show. I think it's the same with Six Feet Under and even shows like The Sopranos.

Drewboyy
January 26th, 2016, 09:32 PM
I disagree. There are shows that have constant conflict without it being repetitive. Game of Thrones is a good example of this even though I'm not a fan of the show (the books are fantastic), there's always something new happening in that show. I think it's the same with Six Feet Under and even shows like The Sopranos.

The only thoughts I have with every show with the basis of killing is who is going to die next.

RiHouse
January 26th, 2016, 09:35 PM
The only thoughts I have with every show with the basis of killing is who is going to die next.

It becomes easier to know who's going to die in Game of Thrones when you understand the ulterior motives of the characters. They're simple to get if you pay attention to how characters greet each other.

Babs
January 26th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Walt didn't choose to die in the lab. Had he wanted to die there all that badly, he would have shot himself when Jesse told him to do it himself. He happened to die afterwards because he was hit with the gun thingy he set up to kill Jesse's captors. At that point, I think the meth cooking ruined his life too much for him to want to die in a lab, especially one that not only wasn't his, but one that Jesse had been forced to cook against his will for at least a few months at that point.

In the end, all Walt wanted was to have his family back. When he admitted that he didn't actually do it for the family, we're shown that he finally got over his enormous ego and hero complex, and saw his actions for what they really were. He probably didn't want to die in a place that reminded him of all the people who died, and the danger he put his family in.

If anything, Walt would have wanted to die in his home surrounded by family.Only he couldn't do that because a) he lost his family and b) he wouldn't have had the chance anyway because he got shot.