PDA

View Full Version : notifications are broke

phuckphace
September 4th, 2015, 11:06 AM
people are quoting/liking my posts but I'm not getting notifications...what is this phuckery?

it seems to only work when I receive a PM.

Abhorrence
September 4th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I'm having the same issue with the liking, been that way since the unlike thing was implemented. Quoting I'm not having a problem with though.

SethfromMI
September 5th, 2015, 08:09 AM
we can unlike posts we have liked now?

xXl0sth0peXx
September 5th, 2015, 10:09 AM
people are quoting/liking my posts but I'm not getting notifications...what is this phuckery?

it seems to only work when I receive a PM.

Well, my first guess would be to check and see if the box for like notifications is checked Partway down on this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) page. And see if that helps anything.

I haven't noticed this issue myself, so I'm curious who has and who hasn't. What forum skin are you using? Because that might play a part in any issues as well. All ideas right now, but things that will make it easier for us to look int.

phuckphace
September 5th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Well, my first guess would be to check and see if the box for like notifications is checked Partway down on this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) page. And see if that helps anything.

I haven't noticed this issue myself, so I'm curious who has and who hasn't. What forum skin are you using? Because that might play a part in any issues as well. All ideas right now, but things that will make it easier for us to look int.

well I got a notification when you quoted me here, that's weird.

I checked my settings and "receive notifications for likes" was disabled, which is also weird because I haven't been up in my settings recently.

Horatio Nelson
September 5th, 2015, 10:25 AM
well I got a notification when you quoted me here, that's weird.

I checked my settings and "receive notifications for likes" was disabled, which is also weird because I haven't been up in my settings recently.

That's so weird. Mine were turned off too. :|

phuckphace
September 5th, 2015, 10:42 AM
the plot thickens...a h4x0r in our database?!

maggs
September 5th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Mine is off. I tried to turn it on but the change is not saved after hitting the save changes button.

Abhorrence
September 5th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Mine is off. I tried to turn it on but the change is not saved after hitting the save changes button.

Same issue, my like notifications were turned off when I didn't turn it off and when I try to turn it on and save it just returns to being off...

ImCoolBeans
September 5th, 2015, 12:04 PM
When did you first notice this? Both with quotes and likes

Abhorrence
September 5th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Update: the like just worked??? So it says it's turned off but isn't. XD

phuckphace
September 5th, 2015, 03:54 PM
When did you first notice this? Both with quotes and likes

for me about 3 days ago.

StoppingTime
September 5th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Is anyone still noticing this, on either likes or quotes?

phuckphace
September 23rd, 2015, 10:47 AM
Is anyone still noticing this, on either likes or quotes?

the "show notifications for likes" is still screwing up, like it disables by itself. I've had to reenable it three times since I posted this thread.