PDA

View Full Version : Nymphomania

JessieLikesItRough
September 1st, 2015, 09:43 AM
I'm a nymphomaniac... would that be something that's discussed here?

Uniquemind
September 1st, 2015, 12:21 PM
I think it would be allowed if discussed in a clinical way.

But you'd have to run that by a moderator or/and site owner.

Abhorrence
September 1st, 2015, 03:08 PM
I think it would be allowed if discussed in a clinical way.

But you'd have to run that by a moderator or/and site owner.

As long as it keeps to medical discussion and advice then yes it can be discussed here. If anything gets inappropriate the thread will likely be locked, however.
So, yeah Uniquemind is correct.

SkyClad33605
September 1st, 2015, 03:21 PM
At the risk of sounding like a jerk...I always thought nymphomania was a fake thing. I assume that since you're starting this post that it's real.

How did you get diagnosed?
How many doctors did you see?
Do you "treat" it? How do you manage it?
How does it affect your daily life? Like for stupid stuff like being in class or in the store?

Gwen
September 1st, 2015, 11:04 PM
At the risk of sounding like a jerk...I always thought nymphomania was a fake thing. I assume that since you're starting this post that it's real.

How did you get diagnosed?
How many doctors did you see?
Do you "treat" it? How do you manage it?
How does it affect your daily life? Like for stupid stuff like being in class or in the store?

I don't think it's anymore fake than any other mental issue. They are all in your head but that doesn't make it anymore more or less fake/severe than other physical issues. Being hyper-sexual and being a nymphomaniac are completely different. Signs of Nymphomania are things like having multiple sexual partners besides your life partner and experiencing things like guilt, shame and remorse from these actions. Having harmful sex with real consequences but not being able to help yourself is why it is an illness not just something made up in your head. Can't help but wanting to participate in sexual activities regardless of if you feel pleasure anymore from it, wanting to join in fetishistic acts regardless if it is your own or not. Being a sex-obsessed asshole is not even close to Nymphomania, people with an illness mostly suffer which is why we classify it as an illness.
“For many addicts, [it] becomes a way to numb out painful feelings, kill time or stop feeling lonely, says Kelly McDaniel, licensed professional counselor in San Antonio, Texas, and author of Ready to Heal: Women Facing Love, Sex and Relationship Addiction.”

So yes, saying it isn't real does make you a jerk but I won't blame you for believing it isn't real if you haven't known anyone with it or experienced it yourself.

JessieLikesItRough
September 5th, 2015, 08:13 AM
How did you get diagnosed? My Parents were concerned about my behavior... you can probably figure out what I mean. So I saw a doctor, and then a psychologist who diagnosed me.

How many doctors did you see? the two mentioned above

Do you "treat" it? How do you manage it? I have a few methods my psychologist has given me. there's no effective medication for it though, and I
do a lot of stupid stuff because of it; I'm lucky I haven't gotten hurt.

How does it affect your daily life? Like for stupid stuff like being in class or in the store? It completely controls my thoughts and actions sometimes. some days I'm normal and can get through an entire class, but most days my condition dominates what I'm feeling and thinking.

SubEruanna
May 23rd, 2016, 10:09 PM
Is there a clinical definition of nymphomania? One that's in layman's terms though.
And does being sexually active online count for it? IRL I behave perfectly (if you dont count my thoughts and private actions) but online I'm what the french nicely call, a "Lady of the Night".
I've heard very little about what defines or separates a nymph from the adverage person, so I don't know much about it.

Thanks
Eruanna

Jerry123123
June 19th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Yes I agree with the question above, what's difference between someone being a nymph and the average person?

azure moonstone
June 19th, 2016, 01:39 PM
This thread was bumped. :locked: