PDA

View Full Version : Urges

Fiction
September 1st, 2015, 04:19 AM
It's been a long time since i've had to post in this section :(

I haven't cut in almost two years, and when I did almost 2 years ago it was a one off, and had been almost a year since the last time, so i've done a fairly good job the last few years.

But the urges are getting so awful again. I'm getting the type of urges where I shake. I don't have anyone to stop for anymore, I stopped because I felt I owed it to people and now I have no one to owe it too.

If I could do it, and wipe away the evidence, I would do it in a heart beat. But unfortunately that's not the reality and if I do it it's going to make life remarkably difficult until it heals, and i'm not used to that anymore.

How do I stop these urges, i'm so not used to feeling like this anymore and i've forgotten how to deal with it.

castlehalseyxoxo
September 1st, 2015, 06:07 AM
i feel the same way sometimes and to stop myself from cutting again, i lock myself in a room, plug my earphones in and listen to my favourite artist or song really loud, and it helps to just cry and let it all out because by the time you've played the song three times, your urges would have most likely disappeared. xo

Doc. Maestro
September 1st, 2015, 07:59 AM
I haven't cut in over 2 months, but right now I feel the same way. I really want to cut, it's the end of a long, tiring term and I just don't want to deal with it anymore, I just want it to end, I just want to let everything go and relax, which may include cutting to destress.

You might find this inappropriate, but try masturbating. It might help, getting... activated, can distract the feelings, and also be a good stress reliever haha.

But in all seriousness, how to deal with it is a mystery to us all. I think most of us just got used to the feeling of it being there, and learned to ignore it.

Sorry if I'm not much help, but you can PM me any time if you need to :)

Edit: I live in Australia, so our timing might be off, but I WILL respond given time