PDA

View Full Version : I cut and burn my arms *Trigger Warning*

thel2202
September 1st, 2015, 02:56 AM
so I have been cutting for only a year but I have burnt my arm for at least 6 years. you see I could never get a razor till now so I always stole liters and burnt my arms. I have been medically diagnosed depression and I hate the meds because they make me feel like a zombie. I was wondering if anyone could help me stop. because yesterday I almost bled out from a cut that, went from my wrist to my elbow it was 3 inches deep. please help me

Vermilion
September 1st, 2015, 03:22 AM
Why are you depressed ?

Abhorrence
September 1st, 2015, 03:35 AM
The only way you're going to get serious help is by admitting yourself or getting admitted to a hospital for a period of time. It seems extreme and scary but it will seriously help. You are a danger to yourself if you continue to live like this and I don't want you killing yourself, even if it is an accident. You need to get the help from a hospital, if you are medically diagnosed then you should already have a professional to talk to and you need to talk to them about the hospital options.

Tyson S
September 2nd, 2015, 04:38 AM
Like Abhorrence stated get professional help. In the long run it will get better I promise

Doc. Maestro
September 3rd, 2015, 07:13 AM
I agree with the two above. I know from experience (though not as bad as you) that you have to just do something about it. You just have to will it, to force it, you have to drop everything and ignore everything your mind says and just do it. Just tell somebody, show somebody, disregard everything for a second. No matter what your mind says just try to block it out, imagine loud noises over it, something saying LALALALALA to try and stop anything from stopping you. You have to make it happen and you cannot hesitate. Once you make it over that line, you have the support of everybody around you, and you can finally begin your journey back to full health.

With that, I leave you the option of also talking to me, I know to some extent the... addiction of cutting and self-harm, and I am willing to try and help. I have absolute faith that you will make it through this, so good luck soldier, and have a great day.

Dalcourt
September 3rd, 2015, 01:27 PM
As the others said you should get help from a professional cuz if your self harming is really that bad I'm not sure if you could stop on your own.
I battle with this for a couple of years already.

If you like you can exchange your thoughts with us here and we support and help you.
But aid from a professional would be necessary...if you get meds prescribed just talk to your doctor he might be able to help.

impan1019
September 3rd, 2015, 05:22 PM
i fully agree with abhorrence and u can also talk to me!

Abhorrence
September 4th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Added a trigger warning, just in case.

titatomske
September 5th, 2015, 05:23 PM
I think itīs the time to get professional help to avoid more damage. Psychatric asylums arenīt this bad as people often tell. once being used the processes time flies. so do not be scared of telling sb who will help you

Fiction
September 7th, 2015, 05:00 AM
The most important step in stopping self-harming is to want to do it. if you don't truly want too, or if there's still some doubt about whether you want too, it will be much much harder.

Professional help and advice can only help you stop, again, if you want too. At the end of the day it is down to you to stop self-harming, no professional support or support from friends or family will magic it away, it has to come from you, and it's not going to be easy, but it'll be worth it.

Write a list of reasons not to self-harm, so for example- "so that I can wear short sleeves in summer", "because there are people who care about me", "I will regret this tomorrow". You might also want to write a list of reasons to self-harm (be careful with this and don't do it while you have urges, do it while you're feeling fairly stable), also I don't mean reasons such as "because x happened today", but reasons such as "it will give me a short-lived release". You'll probably soon find that your list of reasons not too is much much larger than your reasons too hurt yourself. Keep the list of reasons not to do it close, and look at it whenever you have urges. Hopefully that will make you not mentally want to cut.

Then there are the issues of physical urges. When you get a physical urges it is easy to say distract yourself etc, and that's worth a try but I know that's often hard. You could try doing excercise, something vigorous to release some of the urges, or I also find a hot shower can help.

Think this post was a bit rambling, but what I'm trying to say is that the only sure fire way to stop is to be determined to stop, if you're not truly determined, then it's going to be a lot lot harder. But once you're truly determined, you can stop.

hockeyboi99
September 7th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I've gone through the same thing in the past, and once you begin it springs into an addiction that becomes immensely difficult to quell. Hospitalization, for me, wasn't enough to fix my self-harm issues. But I think solving an addiction can work differently for several people, and some form of treatment could (at the very least) help you work through your depression.

Medications, for me, never gave me the feeling of being a zombie. They simply made me drowsy for the first few weeks due to side-effects. If you do decide to give hospitalization a try, you can request a new type of medication. It takes people a while to find one that works well for them. The hospital will also monitor you during your stay to ensure that your meds are actually doing something to help. Hospitals are boring, but they can do a world of good.

As far as self-harm, what personally got me to stop was realizing it hurt someone I love more than it was hurting myself. Having someone tell me they would do the same to themselves if I continue doing it was motivation for me to stop myself from doing it despite how bad the urges were. There is nothing to be gained from harming your body.

There are also activities you can do that can bring some sort of motivation for you to quit the addiction. The paper-chain project can be fun , and it gives you satisfaction to see progress in yourself once you get a bit more into it. Try looking up activities that help with self-harm, and give them a try. It can be hard to find a coping skill that works for you, but it's worth it in the end.

ryanjones
September 12th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Think of all of the people that love you and care for you, the one's that if you carry on, you're gonna leave behind, think of how much it will hurt them and think of all your happy memories with them, it may help

tonymontana99
September 12th, 2015, 09:31 AM
so I have been cutting for only a year but I have burnt my arm for at least 6 years. you see I could never get a razor till now so I always stole liters and burnt my arms. I have been medically diagnosed depression and I hate the meds because they make me feel like a zombie. I was wondering if anyone could help me stop. because yesterday I almost bled out from a cut that, went from my wrist to my elbow it was 3 inches deep. please help me

Realize that when you cut and burn your arm you don't get out of your shitty situation. You just get stuck in the same shitty situation with a cut and burnt arm. Why is this so hard for people to realize?