PDA

View Full Version : users without posts

Vermilion
August 26th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I didn't know where to really put this or if this is my place to say but I have noticed several users that register then don't post, nothing wrong with that I know but when I go on the page they seem to be looking at pics of female members of vt in swim wear most the time. I don't know if this is something to look it to or what but I find it quite odd And maybe concerning. I do understand there's limits to what staff can do.

Please say get lost if it's not my place to say

Thanks for read
Tom.

Abhorrence
August 26th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Well, people put up those pictures and they're going to be looked at. These users who don't post can't do a lot because they don't have enough posts to pm and their visitor messages have to be approved.

Horatio Nelson
August 26th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Hey Tom, if you have a concern don't hesitate to PM me or another senior staff member, I'd be glad to help you out with whatever issue you may have. :)

azure moonstone
August 26th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I'm going to second what Zach has said. If you see anything you think is not appropriate - you can always report it, or send any one of us a message here on VT (or elsewhere). We look into every single thing that is reported or any member has a concern about.

Vermilion
August 26th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Thanks for your replies :) it's nice to the community here on vt

xXl0sth0peXx
August 26th, 2015, 03:08 PM
To be totally honest, is it weird? Yes, absolutely. But there isn't much we can do about it. If you're (plural, not just you, OP) not comfortable with people looking at your photos, I advise you to not post them. In theory though, most people who post photos of them in swimwear or whatnot do it for that reason - to get looked at. Unfortunately, with P101 and whatnot, the people we attract are often the people who just want to see pics.. and we can't ban them just for looking at photos.. but if it turns into more (from comments to outside messages and whatnot), we're always on it. If you ever see it, don't hesitate to mention it.

I don't know if this actually helped at all, don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Just JT
August 26th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I recently was in a discussion on another forum on the exact same topic, fearing creepers, and the advice was the same
What I do is check out who has visited my profile, and if I don't recognize them, I visit theirs, and check out the hat kind of posts and threads they post, if any
You're be suprised who will be on these forums for a long time, make no friends, and no activity

Andre 99
August 27th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Could photos be made not to be visible until a user has made X number of posts?
(I've never really played much with VB, so not sure what adons etc are available)

ImCoolBeans
August 29th, 2015, 10:18 PM
I do not think that we should restrict users from uploading photos until a certain post count is met. I think that is unappealing to brand new members, and I've never seen that on another forum before. I can assure you though that we do look into every single report other staff members have said. In addition to reports we are actively checking for things like this.

ndrwmxwll
August 31st, 2015, 05:15 PM
i disagree with the admins decision here, if someone isnt posting at all and is obviously looking at girls to the extent that OP can go on and see that theyre doing it in real time, they should be banned preemptively before they can prey on kids via PM or whatever. it is a measure against exploitation at the very least. if they were teens theyd post.

Elysium
August 31st, 2015, 10:13 PM
i disagree with the admins decision here, if someone isnt posting at all and is obviously looking at girls to the extent that OP can go on and see that theyre doing it in real time, they should be banned preemptively before they can prey on kids via PM or whatever. it is a measure against exploitation at the very least. if they were teens theyd post.
That's why we have a 100 post requirement to PM and all VMs go through a moderation queue that we, the staff, have to approve. We also automatically ban anyone who joins over the age of 19. We do not tolerate people "preying" on others on VT and if you see such behavior, report it. Otherwise, people putting up pictures is at their own discretion. When you put a picture up anywhere on the internet, you should do so being fully aware of the potential consequences. We do our best to protect our users with things like the aforementioned precautions, but there's only so much we can do and only so much we're responsible for doing. Short of closely monitoring the activity of every user to visit someone's profile - and such constant vigilance is not realistic, mind you - the only thing we could really do to 100% safeguard against predatory behavior or what have you would be to make it impossible for users to upload pictures of themselves entirely.

Like other staff members have said, we look into everything that is brought to our attention. If we have enough reason to take action against someone, we'll do so. If you're suspicious of someone's intentions, drop us a line and we'll look into it. And we're not just relying on user reports here, either; we're also actively doing our best on our own to look into profiles and monitor who's here and what's going on. I'd also like to point out that no, someone's age has nothing to do with how inclined they are to post. I assure you that I personally was within the target demographic for this site when I joined and I barely posted at all, if ever, for the first year or so that I was here. We can't assume that the people who register and don't post are lying about their birthdates (assuming that they're not underage or overage in the first place); it's not fair to ban someone on a flimsy suspicion due to their lack of activity. That would be awfully discouraging, don't you think?

monst3rinyouri
November 24th, 2015, 05:39 AM
It's prolly a bit late to comment here, but does that mean my acc is gonna get locked on my bday? :(

Bontigo Papi .
November 24th, 2015, 06:52 AM
So people create accounts just to look at the pictures of the female members? They're sick .

azure moonstone
November 24th, 2015, 07:18 AM
It's prolly a bit late to comment here, but does that mean my acc is gonna get locked on my bday? :(

No. As long as you register between 13-19 your account is still good after you turn 20 - provided you act in a manner that is appropriate. You can pm me if you have any more questions.

Also, this thread was bumped. :locked: