PDA

View Full Version : couple of new forum suggestions

phuckphace
August 25th, 2015, 09:29 AM
ImCoolBeans

mein Führer, I wish to put in a request that a forum devoted to history/historical topics be created, perhaps as a subforum of RoTW. also if possible another forum devoted to SCIENCE! related topics. awaiting your reply with bated breath.

wolf g
August 25th, 2015, 11:39 AM
it's good idea

Living For Love
August 25th, 2015, 12:19 PM
The problem, as usual, is that we don't know if those areas would be active enough. On the other hand, placing them as Rambling Of The Wise sub-forums would mean only debates could be created in those sections, and there are more things concerning history and science than debates only.

wolf g
August 25th, 2015, 02:27 PM
if we try we will see if they will be active or no

DerBear
August 25th, 2015, 02:38 PM
if we try we will see if they will be active or no

But if its inactive it just sits there.

wolf g
August 25th, 2015, 02:42 PM
But if its inactive it just sits there.
but i think that admin can delete it, can't he?

Plane And Simple
August 25th, 2015, 02:45 PM
but i think that admin can delete it, can't he?
Yes, but there's no point in opening and preparing a new section - which takes quite a bit of work - to them remove it

wolf g
August 25th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Yes, but there's no point in opening and preparing a new section - which takes quite a bit of work - to them remove it

but mayby members like these idea

SethfromMI
August 25th, 2015, 06:30 PM
ImCoolBeans

mein Führer, I wish to put in a request that a forum devoted to history/historical topics be created, perhaps as a subforum of RoTW. also if possible another forum devoted to SCIENCE! related topics. awaiting your reply with bated breath.

Well Beaver, I think they would work better as subforums then have their own entire forum. but not a bad idea

phuckphace
August 25th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I thought about using my own diary for these topics but diaries in general get even less traffic

SethfromMI
August 25th, 2015, 07:04 PM
I think the idea of subforums is the best option. I do not know if they would be popular enough on their own for individual forums, but I think they would get a fair amount of attention in something like ROTW

Andre 99
August 26th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I for one would look in a science sub-forum.
Not so sure about history, but that is just personal preference.

Typhlosion
August 26th, 2015, 02:41 PM
By creating subforums, all the science/history posts would be "hidden" in their subforums, possibly doing the opposite effect and reducing the amount of threads in ROTW.

The problem, as usual, is that we don't know if those areas would be active enough. On the other hand, placing them as Rambling Of The Wise sub-forums would mean only debates could be created in those sections, and there are more things concerning history and science than debates only.

Not really, the Mental Illnesses forum has various subforums and also has posts itself.

Living For Love
August 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Not really, the Mental Illnesses forum has various subforums and also has posts itself.
What I meant was that, if they were sub-sections of RoTW, it would mean they would be sections in which only debates could be posted.

ImCoolBeans
August 29th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I've thought about this before and in the past talked to some admins who are now retired about it. I've always thought it was kind of a good idea, but I don't know how active it will be. I think subforums tend to be a little less active than a regular section does, so I'm not sure if they'd do better as subforums. I don't think it's a bad idea, but there have never really been too many threads about those topics so the demand hasn't really been there/they haven't really been represented much.

Melodic
August 30th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I think having both threads would be a great idea. I think a lot of members on here are passionate about these two things and just haven't had much opportunity to talk about it except the few debates here and there on ROTW or articles on VT Daily Chronicle.

ObliviousCat
August 31st, 2015, 08:47 PM
Definitely a science forum! As long as there's also medical science.

CupcakeLuv101
October 5th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Yes I agree!

Uranus
October 5th, 2015, 10:27 PM
ImCoolBeans
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Science, possibly be part of the Mother Nature forum (Except for other science related topics ), and science related topics can be discussed in Education And Careers?

History and historical events and topics I'm pretty sure could be discussed in ROTW, and even in Education And Careers. I'm not sure, but I'm not really sure that they may get much traffic. And for the handful of those I've seen mostly discussed in ROTW and Education And Careers. I don't believe they'll get much traffic, but I'm pretty sure we already have some forums which they can be discussed in, rather than creating a whole new forum and/or subforum.

Microcosm
October 10th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Personally, I like the simplicity of the all-encompassing ROTW.