PDA

View Full Version : Share a quote from your story!

nagdam
August 25th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Well, many people love writing stories and I'm one of them..
I thought it'd be fun if everyone of us shared a quote from his/her story. :scratchchin:
It's not my idea and I hope you enjoy it! :woot:

Gwen
August 25th, 2015, 06:11 PM
This is the very last sentence from a short story I created called 'The Monday Rose'.
"Today was not a white day; it was not a blue sky. Black suits only, rain expected, bring umbrellas."
Reading that conclusion always does make me a bit sad.

Just a question but where did you get the name 'KANARA' from? Does it mean something or is it just a made up word? It sounds fun to say though :D

Left Now
August 25th, 2015, 06:16 PM
"Better to know nothing,including how to lie,than to know anything,including how to lie."

nagdam
August 25th, 2015, 10:08 PM
This is the very last sentence from a short story I created called 'The Monday Rose'.
"Today was not a white day; it was not a blue sky. Black suits only, rain expected, bring umbrellas."
Reading that conclusion always does make me a bit sad.

Just a question but where did you get the name 'KANARA' from? Does it mean something or is it just a made up word? It sounds fun to say though :D

Oh, nice quote. :)

Hudor
August 25th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Well here is a from a short story I wrote a while back.
'I am sick of this!' she grunted loudly and flung a stone into the river. It sailed through the air and landed on the surface of the water, only to set off again. Each time the water tried to swallow it, she felt a thrill of joy as it flew again defiantly and a twinge of anger as it flew a bit less higher. Then ultimately, as she watched, it vanished beneath the expanse of the apathetic river, never to be seen again. Her mouth tightened into a bitter line. Today, it felt as if she might be the stone.

nagdam
August 25th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Well here is a from a short story I wrote a while back.

Awesome! :yes:

Let Me Be a Pony
August 26th, 2015, 07:01 AM
"Grass... tastes bad."

Quote lacks symbolism, but it has perception.
I got to admit, I did my best.

Left Now
August 26th, 2015, 07:11 AM
"He knows what he's doing.The problem is,he does not know what he is not."

Abhorrence
August 26th, 2015, 07:28 AM
"It took him a few seconds to register his true surroundings, he knew he was in the darkness like in his nightmares but this darkness was less unknown than the labyrinth of the sinister dreamland."

wolf g
August 26th, 2015, 08:24 AM
"they didn't know where should they go but they were waiting the right time to move "

Elysium
August 26th, 2015, 10:26 AM
A few of my favorite quotes from a short story I wrote titled "A Matter of Time":

"Were it not for the nurses dropping by every now and then, I'd almost believe I were visiting a prisoner on death row, not a patient in his deathbed."

"You wouldn't be curious if it weren't strange to you."

"The look in his eyes made me feel as though I were staring down the barrel of a gun."

[This is a war vet speaking] "If what I did was considered good, then the world is going to hell."

"So, maybe you can finally count the number of days you have left. Does that really make a difference? Like you said, I'm dying, too. I just can't put a number on it. Why should knowing change the way you live your life? I know I'm going to die one day too and yet here I am, spending my life trying to change yours."

"I loved him like you'd love a stranger, with an infinite and unconditional capacity and potential for compassion, kindness, and respect, without knowing a damn thing about him."

Doc. Maestro
August 30th, 2015, 08:12 AM
"After all the love he had given to the world, he had run out, but nobody had ever given any back. And he was left alone, his mind, sanity, and joy, all slowly slipping ever closer towards the darkness."- The Boy

The final line of a story I actually posted here. It was the idea that the world is dark and unfair, and as much as you might do to try and make it a better place, if nobody else is trying, it can corrupt even the best of us (This particular line. As I believe Rainbow Dash pointed out, the whole story has a deeper meaning).

Leijon
August 31st, 2015, 07:21 AM
:33 < this is a small except from the first bit of a novel im working on!
"Sometimes, when you close a door, that's it. The door stays shut. No windows open, no exits. You're just locked in."

nagdam
September 2nd, 2015, 10:47 AM
:33 < this is a small except from the first bit of a novel im working on!
"Sometimes, when you close a door, that's it. The door stays shut. No windows open, no exits. You're just locked in."

cool!

nagdam
September 17th, 2015, 05:03 AM
Another quote!
from the same story.

"Sometimes life gives you choices and forces you to choose one." -Jan

nagdam
October 3rd, 2015, 08:55 AM
bump

Captain Who
October 19th, 2015, 02:54 AM
This is the penultimate line to a short story I wrote for an assessment:

"I don't want to let go but the rope tethering me to life is on its last strands."