PDA

View Full Version : I'm a cutter

impan1019
August 24th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Hey. My name is Morgan. i have been cutting for about two years due to depression. I hate myself and i am stressed. Cutting has kind of helped me but not really. I'm addicted to cutting and yeah. I kinda want to stop cutting but at the same time I don't. What do I do?

Abhorrence
August 25th, 2015, 03:59 AM
The best thing to do is to stop cutting, this is just a generic overstatement. The first thing to do is to attempt to get into your head that cutting is hindering your life, it is in no way any good to you. You need to demonise it in a way. If you have any positive feelings towards it, it makes it so much harder to quit. Once you have got in a mindset where you're certain you want to quit, it's going to be a tough road to do so. Any addiction is extremely hard to beat and requires a lot of dedication and willpower. In the Cutting and Self Harm section of VT you will find some sticky threads. There is one that lists some alternatives to self-harm and one that is a non self-harm calendar which you can post to to keep track of your progress. I hope everything goes well and if you need anything, feel free to talk to me.

impan1019
August 25th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Thanks Abhorrence. It's just, in a way it helps so it's been hard to quit. i quit for like 6 months but i couldn't sem to stop completely

Daniella98
August 25th, 2015, 06:00 AM
I know nothing about depression so please feel free to ignore my input. Or put me in my place even...
Instead of cutting, how about running? Maybe even until it hurts...

Doc. Maestro
August 25th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Hey. My name is Morgan. i have been cutting for about two years due to depression. I hate myself and i am stressed. Cutting has kind of helped me but not really. I'm addicted to cutting and yeah. I kinda want to stop cutting but at the same time I don't. What do I do?

Talking to somebody definitely helps, and what you're doing does as well. But I found that the most effective method is that I made a pact with somebody. This pact basically stated that what one of us does, the other does too. If I cut, she would cut, if I didn't, she didn't, and if I gave up completely and decided to kill myself, well you know the rest.

I'd be willing to take on the pact with you. A lot of others I haven't really felt like it, but I feel now that I don't really mind cutting another time, considering I'm starting to feel down in the dumps again and I really need this stress relief, but I'm going to hold on as long as I can anyway.

But please do use the quote down below to message people; I see you're new, and we only really receive the messages if you quote. Anyway, you can also check out my profile and message me; I'll gladly message back, I just want to help because I know how tough it is. So try your best to stop cutting and make it through, I'll follow you and do as you do. This time you're the leader. I've been clean 67 days, and I want to keep going, so don't stuff me up >:(

Anyway, I hope I haven't come off as too pushy or rushed, because I know you've literally just signed up for this. But just know that it's all in good heart, and I just want to help :) Again, sorry if I hurt you, or perhaps have frightened you, just know that on the outside I may seem covered in rust and iron, but on the inside I'm soft and squishy and sweet like marshmallows :3

Anyway, good luck on your ventures, I really do hope you can overcome this, everybody has the potential to be strong enough to, and finally, have a GREAT day :)

impan1019
August 25th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Hey!! sure.. Ill gladly make the pact with you!

wolf g
August 25th, 2015, 04:35 PM
why you do that
i know that teens have problems but you shouldn't givin up in the first problem that never solved the problem
as advice talk to someone you trust and believe me that really will help you
if you want to talk to any body of curs we here and we can help you impan1019

impan1019
August 25th, 2015, 09:00 PM
actually i cant make the pacr, i cant be responsoble for another person cutting

jssixna
August 26th, 2015, 11:51 PM
I believe you should stop. You need to ween yourself off of it. It may not happen all at once which is alright, but if you preoccupy with other things it could help. It's an unhealthy habit and can cause damage to yourself if you cut too deep. Quitting is hard to stop by yourself. If you ever need help maybe teen hotlines or seek a counselor, parents, or doctor. It might be embarrassing at first, but it's worth it.

Acaringperson
August 27th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Try and finde sothing to do instead of cutting yourself