PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Message editing?

Januarist2000
August 23rd, 2015, 11:44 PM
We all sometimes mistype something or accidentally type additional words you did not intend.

Whether that's the case or not, I don't like that we can't edit VM's. Why is it not enabled? I know it's possible. I'm on a lot of vB forums which have it enabled

Uranus
August 23rd, 2015, 11:57 PM
Not speaking on behalf of VT, but I will give my opinion on why this is not in use.

The reason why we do not allow members to have the ability to edit their visitor messages, is because the system can be abused. Yes, there are times when we misspell a word, or accidentally send the message before it is complete and would be much more convenient, it can still be abused. Ways that it can be abused is sending contact information, maybe gossip about staff and members of the VT community, and then quickly edit the message to "Blank" or a simple "Hey " which is not acceptable. Although it may be less convenient, it's safer to just simply ask a staff member to delete (Via the report button ) said message, or edit it. Not saying that's what everyone will do, but it can most certainly happen if it was allowed.

But that's my opinion.

Lost in the Echo
August 24th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Continental summed it up really well.

If your VM has a typo in it, just simply report it. All staff members have the ability to edit/delete VM's, so reports of that nature are often taken care of very quickly.

Horatio Nelson
August 24th, 2015, 12:39 AM
As Bo said, staff are always here to help and answer reports. (Myself included)

As for why VM editing isn't allowed. It makes our job a lot easier and allows us to handle more than one VM at a time, instead of having to check each one to make sure it hasn't been edited. It may seem like a simple task, but there are a lot of VM's to moderate throughout the day. :)

DerBear
August 24th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Its also because someone could send a via saying 'Hey' then when approved edit it and say 'here is my skype' etc.

wolf g
August 24th, 2015, 06:12 PM
i didn't understand

Januarist2000
August 24th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Alright I understand

Another question I have is how many posts do you have to reach to not get approved VM's? Or does everyone have to get moderated?

Elysium
August 24th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Alright I understand

Another question I have is how many posts do you have to reach to not get approved VM's? Or does everyone have to get moderated?
From the FAQ:
...until you have 250 posts and have been a member of VT for three months, your messages will need to be approved by a moderator before seen by the receiving user. Once you reach these requirements your messages will be sent without moderation.

Patri6k
September 8th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Idek how to message people on here

Elysium
September 8th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Idek how to message people on here
You can leave a visitor message for someone by going to their profile. You can PM someone by clicking on their username anywhere on the forums and clicking "Send Private Message" or by clicking "Send Message" directly from their profile, but you can't PM anyone except for staff until you rack up 100 posts.

Patri6k
September 8th, 2015, 07:10 PM
How do I get posts? By just making posts? And if so how do I post?

Uranus
September 8th, 2015, 07:49 PM
How do I get posts? By just making posts? And if so how do I post?

You just did post...so.....

Patri6k
September 8th, 2015, 07:51 PM
You just did post...so.....

Oh..

Then I'll get done with that in no time

Elysium
September 8th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Oh..

Then I'll get done with that in no time
Just remember to abide by the forum rules and it shouldn't be a problem :sun: