PDA

View Full Version : Showering- skin turned blue.

ImTrickster
August 22nd, 2015, 06:13 AM
Yesterday, just like any other day I had a shower and when i was just washing my self with only water, no shower gel, my inner thighs turned blue. I had no idea what it was it looked like a blue dye. I started to think that my brother or someone pranked my by putting blue food colouring on the sponge i used, but they are no like;y to do that as i would get them back like 10x worse. Anyway, when i started to use the shower gel it all washed off which was weird as i didnt get it anywhere else. I thought it was the sponge but i first dune my arms and they didnt turn blue. Plus i dont think it could be the gel as i have used the same stuff for ages. Lynx shower gel.
I just dont know what it was, any suggestion would be grateful thanks.
When i shower later I will see if it happens again, and get this updated thanks. :D

Abhorrence
August 22nd, 2015, 12:10 PM
That sounds really odd, I'll be honest. If it washed off then it's all good right?

Uranus
August 22nd, 2015, 12:12 PM
Try warm water instead?

Uniquemind
August 22nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
This is one of the things we should probably consult a doctor for as well as test the water supply your house gets. There could've been a chemical leak that leaked into the supply of water and that's a side effect.

Ex: industry releases pollutants into water supply a local town downstream uses for bathing and drinking, and other methods of consumption.

Cloud_Strife
August 23rd, 2015, 07:36 AM
Yesterday, just like any other day I had a shower and when i was just washing my self with only water, no shower gel, my inner thighs turned blue. I had no idea what it was it looked like a blue dye. I started to think that my brother or someone pranked my by putting blue food colouring on the sponge i used, but they are no like;y to do that as i would get them back like 10x worse. Anyway, when i started to use the shower gel it all washed off which was weird as i didnt get it anywhere else. I thought it was the sponge but i first dune my arms and they didnt turn blue. Plus i dont think it could be the gel as i have used the same stuff for ages. Lynx shower gel.
I just dont know what it was, any suggestion would be grateful thanks.
When i shower later I will see if it happens again, and get this updated thanks. :D

I think you'd be interested to know that there is a condition called Raynaud's Phenomenon, where the body's blood vessels constrict in respond to cold. This in turn causes a discolouration to the body parts in question, which often turn blue - most often occurs to the fingers and toes. Maybe that would account for your presentation? Hope that helps!

StoppingTom
August 23rd, 2015, 11:13 PM
I think you'd be interested to know that there is a condition called Raynaud's Phenomenon, where the body's blood vessels constrict in respond to cold. This in turn causes a discolouration to the body parts in question, which often turn blue - most often occurs to the fingers and toes. Maybe that would account for your presentation? Hope that helps!

This happens to me a lot (something about being genetically more susceptible) and this is actually a pretty plausible explanation. Does anyone else in your family experience this? And by blue, it's not "my hands are cold and they are a little off color" it looks pretty grody, in my experience at least it almost looks like frostbite.

ImTrickster
August 24th, 2015, 04:16 AM
Thanks everyone, but i've showered numerous times since then now and it hasn't happened again since. I feel fine, no pain or anything like that so in think i should just forget about it