PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad drivers

Daniella98
August 21st, 2015, 09:18 AM
About car drivers in general in your country... There are myths about drivers from every country.

How would you define the average driver from your country. I know there are both excellent drivers and dangerous drivers, but I mean the driver you see most of.

In Denmark: The average driver doesnt have many accidents. However they dont think ahead in traffic to make it easier for other drivers and to make tha traffic flow. They are not fond of reversing, so they leave huge gaps only to turn very hard when they put it in first again. In parkinglots people drive really really slowly, like they are affraid of everything.

tovaris
August 21st, 2015, 10:50 AM
Whel depends on the plate ;-)
These are main steriotipes
LJ (ljubljana capital) mad fast and good in the "metropolis"
KR (kranj) so called "KReten" {this is an actual universal insult do not repet} bad bad drivers shouldent be let into cities
CE (celje) "CEpec" {this is an actual universal insult do not repet} bad provintial drivers

StoppingTom
August 21st, 2015, 11:12 AM
People here in New York go like 10-15 mph over the speed limit on most roads, will cut you off through 3 lanes of traffic, and will not hesitate to go from the fast lane all the way to the exit ramp because they don't feel like going another mile and getting off at another exit.

CosmicNoodle
August 21st, 2015, 12:57 PM
In my country everyone drives like they're high as fuck on PCP. Seriously, it's that bad.

itschilled
August 21st, 2015, 01:04 PM
Im my country South Africa, its primarily good drivers, then you get taxis, which are minivans who don't obey the rules but still drive quite well. Then you get steriotypes, where women with Fortuners(its a SUV made by Toyota) who cant drive for shit. And get involved in many accidents, probably because their husbands buy it for them and they must just live with it. Then you get Toyota Yaris drivers, who also cant drive at all, probably because their new drivers, like who just got their licence. And of course you get BMW and Mercedes drivers who think they own the road, as some say, who cant park to save their lives, and who are just doche bags on the road. for example were might be a busy road with a robot(traffic light) next to a petrol station, most drivers will let them go in because they will wait a long time to get a spot in the queue, but BMWs and Mercedes drivers dont let them at all, and they pull infront or change lanes with out indicating all the time.

Daniella98
August 21st, 2015, 02:45 PM
In my country everyone drives like they're high as fuck on PCP. Seriously, it's that bad.

Interesting. And brave of you to dare drive among those maniacs. It would be nice for the thread if you also noted which country you are from.

Cognizant
August 21st, 2015, 04:01 PM
Where I live in California, USA, people either drive 10 under and with their high beams and right turn signal left on, or they're going 15 over and tailgating you so close that if you panic stopped they'd slam their Tesla or $60,000 dollar BMW x5 right into the back of you. Lots of last second decisions too, and failing dual turns and coming into your lane.

Dare I say, Los Angeles might have more intelligent drivers than the Bay Area :P

Hannah98
August 23rd, 2015, 02:29 PM
A lot of drivers in the U.S. block the passing lane (left lane) and cause road rage as they create a dangerous driving condition. It is illegal to stay in the left lane even if you are going the speed limit but most people don't know this and most cops don't enforce it.

Kacey
August 23rd, 2015, 09:22 PM
Colorado drivers are nuts in bad weather conditions when compared to other states. Like in Texas, if it starts to snow, everyone slows down to a crawl. The opposite happens in Colorado... As for normal conditions, I'm scared of getting run over while I'm walking on a sidewalk that's 10 feet away from the road...

Let Me Be a Pony
August 23rd, 2015, 09:52 PM

Quite similar to my country.

Babs
August 23rd, 2015, 10:36 PM
People from Illinois are usually bad drivers. The cops in my town are pretty bad drivers too.
The average driver at least doesn't drive like a fuck. They'll, at the very least, do their best to avoid an accident, like not running red lights, not trying to pass when coming up on a steep hill, using their turn signal, etc. Bad drivers will fail in one or all of those areas.

PinkFloyd
August 28th, 2015, 01:07 AM
People overall are good drivers that know what they're doing. Only thing that I see A LOT is on 3-4 lane interstate freeways with a speed limit of 70 mph, people like get in the left lane and set their cruise at 70 miles an hour. I get it, you don't want to speed, but drive the limit in the non fast lanes. This lane is for the people that want to cruise along doing 75 or 80.

Uniquemind
September 1st, 2015, 12:45 PM
I've noticed that it seems a lot of the bad drivers are really sleep deprived truckers.

Other times there are a lot of unsafe lane changes.

People also don't seem to realize that switching lanes during an intersection that has no lights is illegal.