PDA

View Full Version : Brown discharge…

Yikyaker
August 18th, 2015, 07:27 AM
I know there is already a lot of information online about this, but none of them seem to fi my specific case. So I'm 17 and I'm starting to get really worried because I have been getting a brown discharge ever since I started getting my period(at around 11 or 10). I am not sexually active, not under stress but my period is very irregular, it probably only comes twice a year and in between that I get a brown discharge. Is this normal or should I be worried?

maggs
August 18th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Twice a year? I wouldn't call it "normal". I would go see a doctor. I don't know if you should be worried, but like I said, talk to your doctor first.

Elysium
August 18th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Honestly "brown discharge" sounds like the beginnings of a period. Do you do any type of sport or physical activity?

Yikyaker
August 18th, 2015, 07:38 AM
No I don't play sports. Why?

Elysium
August 18th, 2015, 07:42 AM
No I don't play sports. Why?
Doing sports or regular physical activity can seriously mess with the regularity of your menstrual cycle (for example, I have a friend who does track and will miss entire months, but then get multiple periods per month). Anyhow, you could always bring it up to your physician if you're concerned.

LITTLEANGEL16
August 18th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Doing sports or regular physical activity can seriously mess with the regularity of your menstrual cycle (for example, I have a friend who does track and will miss entire months, but then get multiple periods per month). Anyhow, you could always bring it up to your physician if you're concerned.

I think you should take Elysium's advice and see a doctor or nurse, better safe than sorry. X

ClaireM
August 18th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I would also see a doctor, or talk to your mom. As Elysium says it could be a very light period.

Hase
August 19th, 2015, 03:30 AM
vistit a doctor and tell him. only he knows what is ok and what is wrong

Jordan99
August 23rd, 2015, 04:34 PM
I agree with the others. VT can be a great resource but for a medical concern, only your doctor can provide you with a definitive answer.