PDA

View Full Version : The calm after the train wreck

Just JT
August 18th, 2015, 05:43 AM
I haven't been here a long time and some of you know me and a little about my past. What I wanted to write here is a realization I recently had in a group therapy in a program I was in. I had to verbalized some emotions about where I was as far as if I had my emotions were in check or not

So it goes like this;

My emotions are like that train wreck in philly last winter. All the cars derailed, carnage all over the place, that was my mental status. My life, is the next train coming down the track, and it's not stopping, for anything. The first responders, counsellors and other people who helped me piece some stuff together, neatly stacks all the train cars and dibris neatly on the ground next to the track, clearing the track to I can get on with my life, and not have another derailment caused by the first derailment and my stubbornness

This allows me to go through, on track with my life, dropping people off and picking them up up in different places. Every place the train goes is different, has different experiences, evokes different emotions, triggers.

So on the return run I can swing by that train wreck stop by one of those cars, my shattered emotions that were triggered, and pick up some of that spilled baggage and take with me, one piece at a tile. Allowing me to deal with all that baggage in my terms, when I want to at my convenience and not all at once like in a huge train derailment and need to deal with everything all at once, which is just to much

So my counselor gives me this that day and it kinda reminds me of that day and all this stuff and keeps me going in a good direction
Thought I'd like to share this with you guys

http://imgur.com/bNAtUCF

hesaidhesaid
October 1st, 2015, 08:24 PM
:) :) :)

Just JT
October 2nd, 2015, 04:18 AM
:) :) :)

Thanks, actually really needed that this Mornin'