PDA

View Full Version : Prefixes and Geneal Discussion Thread

Sasha M
August 17th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Idea one) We have a gender underneath our avatars, but what about a gender prefix preferences also? Wouldn't that make sense? :)

Idea two) There's a general discussion group of boards, but there's no GD board for anything that doesn't go anywhere.

azure moonstone
August 17th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Idea one) We have a gender underneath our avatars, but what about a gender prefix preferences also? Wouldn't that make sense? :)

Idea two) There's a general discussion group of boards, but there's no GD board for anything that doesn't go anywhere.

1. I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this - could you give an example?

2. The forum where most miscellaneous threads are either made (or threads end up after being moved) is The White Padded Room. We usually consider that the "no real category" forum.

Sasha M
August 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM
1. I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this - could you give an example?

2. The forum where most miscellaneous threads are either made (or threads end up after being moved) is The White Padded Room. We usually consider that the "no real category" forum.

Well you know, she, he, they, etc.

There's a gender under the avatar, there should also be prefix.

azure moonstone
August 17th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Well you know, she, he, they, etc.

There's a gender under the avatar, there should also be prefix.

A lot of work has already been done to incorporate different genders into profiles, and I haven't really seen much call for something like this.

I have seen members add to their signatures the prefixes/pronouns they request to be used. That seems to be a simple enough way to let others know.