PDA

View Full Version : to be mean to gym girl

laurakoller0815
August 17th, 2015, 02:10 PM
I am a real sports girl and like to show off what I got at the beach or gym. Why so many ppl are talking bad behind such girl. Girls are seem to jelous but why? Boy are uncomfy talking to me if the see my body shape;((

ClaraWho
August 17th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Insecure people will always find something to criticise when they can't find a real flaw. Just be yourself, do your own thing, and don't give negative detractors/haters any of your attention; they aren't worth it.

It's interesting you chose to use the words (paraphrased) 'talk behind my back' and 'boys are intimidated' - Most of them won't! It may be a bit surprising at first as it's not really a stereotypical 'girly' thing, but after that Most people don't care!

And some guys are into girls with muscles too haha

~ Clara

LITTLEANGEL16
August 17th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Insecure people will always find something to criticise when they can't find a real flaw. Just be yourself, do your own thing, and don't give negative detractors/haters any of your attention; they aren't worth it.

It's interesting you chose to use the words (paraphrased) 'talk behind my back' and 'boys are intimidated' - Most of them won't! It may be a bit surprising at first as it's not really a stereotypical 'girly' thing, but after that Most people don't care!

And some guys are into girls with muscles too haha

~ Clara

I would be inclined to agree with Clara, hope all works out well for you :yes: X

sweettayla
August 18th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Jealousy is a curse, comments can be nasty and hurtful but just ignore them.

Daniella98
August 18th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Yes people are often cruel to people who have something they envy. Stupid instinct

laurakoller0815
August 18th, 2015, 09:48 AM
thanks for your meamingful opinions:)

thegreatgatz
August 18th, 2015, 10:52 AM
They are just jealous they don't have your strength and muscle

maggs
August 19th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Just ignore them ^_^ That's what works best.

KellyNC
August 20th, 2015, 02:49 PM
The truth is you're never going to make everyone happy, and people who want to be mean will find something negative to say about it. If you have an athletic body people might call it 'manish', if you're thin people might call you a stick figure, if you're 'not thin enough' people might call you 'chubby'. Ultimately the important thing is that you're happy with your body.

Hannah98
August 25th, 2015, 08:52 PM
I am a real sports girl and like to show off what I got at the beach or gym. Why so many ppl are talking bad behind such girl. Girls are seem to jelous but why? Boy are uncomfy talking to me if the see my body shape;((

Hi Laura,

As mentioned above, chalk it up to insecurity. I stay very fit and active too and am not at all ashamed of my body. When I get to visit the beach, I wear the smallest bikinis I can get away with. I wear tight midriff tops and yoga pants or my volleyball shorts when I go to the gym and I do it because I think my body looks nice. I do this for me and not for the spectators. I sometimes get nasty looks from other girls (especially older women) but it's their problem, not mine. As for boys being uncomfy around me, I haven't noticed that. They seem to approach me more often at the beach unless my boyfriend is with me. At the gym, I get so in the zone, I don't have time to talk to boys until after my workout and I usually only can chat for a minute because either I went with my mom or I want to get home and shower. Sorry you are experiencing this but you have to do what feels right to you and not worry what anybody else thinks. Hope this helps