PDA

View Full Version : Don't know where to turn

Fiction
August 15th, 2015, 05:07 PM
My boyfriend broke up with me this evening.

We had been together for over 3 and a half years, and for the last year we have been living together.

I go to bed to him every night and wake up to him every morning but tonight might be the last time.

I'm going to have to find somewhere new to live.

I'm literally in pieces. Everything has been taken away from me. My boyfriend, my best friend, my flat.

The day we got together was the day I got out of hospital after my last overdose. He helped me recover from self-harm, depression and an eating disorder. Now he's gone.

Usually when I feel shit I'd turn to him, but ironically, I can't even use my coping mechanism can I?

I know if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be and that whatever happens will be for the best, but right now it's so painful.

My friends and family are so shocked. No one was expecting this.

Gumleaf
August 15th, 2015, 06:11 PM
I'm really sorry Hun. I really don't know what to say. I'm shocked too. Having everything torn away from you like that is the worst feeling in the world and I feel terrible for you. I promise you though, things will get better over time and the pain will slowly heal. I'm here for you if you need to talk and promise to reply asap if you do. I'm really really sorry Kaths, you don't deserve this. :(

Nightfall_
October 22nd, 2015, 06:13 AM
Bub :( , Im sooo sorry. I know you probably get that a lot but I really am. If you need to talk to anyone when you feel low, you have to remember that you always have your VT family. We will always support you, even if we don't personally know you. As much as the break up goes, have you tried discussing a few things with him like having the decency to at least let you stay until you get a new home or for him to help you get a home? I understand he just broke up with you but he's still human, and he should have the decency to do that for you. I hope your getting enough support now, but, if your not, you know where to find us :)

Wishing you the best, Jackie