PDA

View Full Version : Girls: Would you date a bisexual guy?

Zoom
August 15th, 2015, 03:51 AM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys?
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys?
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind?

I won't waste electricity asking guys the same question about girls :).

Thanks.

Laura101
August 15th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? No
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? No
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? I'd break up with him and get tested for STD's if he and I had had sex

Zoom
August 17th, 2015, 11:18 AM
I'll give it one little bump (no grind).

ClaireM
August 17th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? As long as he was not two timing me.
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? Yes
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? I would ask him what he had experienced in the past and what he likes the best

Taraloid
August 17th, 2015, 06:41 PM
1) I would date a guy who likes guys! I'm bisexual myself. As long as they're monogamous because I would not want an open or polyamorous relationship
2) Yes. Personally, I'd rather date someone who hasn't had much sex, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.
3) Nothing much, really. I wouldn't have sex with them unless they were tested anyway. I'm also way to young for sex, so there's that. (But I don't have a boyfriend, I have a girlfriend :) )

Karkat
August 17th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Duh, if I liked them

Otherwise, no.

Sexuality doesn't change a thing

If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? I'd break up with him and get tested for STD's if he and I had had sex

We should test people for shit attitudes too, because if I was dating someone like you, I'd want to end it ASAP

Elysium
August 17th, 2015, 07:31 PM
There is no STD that is transferrable only by two males having sex. You run the exact same risks having sex with a straight guy as you do with anyone else (except for maybe another person with a vagina, depending on what you do). This isn't the 1980s anymore and the bias that gay men are more prone to STDs is 100% bullshit and (if you ask me) blatantly homophobic.

Anyhow, yes, I'd date a guy who also likes other guys or has had sex with other guys. My first and only thought would be "okay."

Daniella98
August 18th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? Yes
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? Great that he dared to try it.

maggs
August 18th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? Hell yes
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? Not to much, but it would be cool

jennyem
August 18th, 2015, 08:06 AM
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? I have nothing against being gay, but I believe you're either one or the other. So I wouldn't be able to date a guy who enjoyed having sex with another guy!

MeliWelli
August 19th, 2015, 01:08 AM
I would and I do. My bf has experimented alone and with me...as long as we're honest about what we're doing there hasn't been a major problem for anyone.

Laura101
August 19th, 2015, 10:25 PM
There is no STD that is transferrable only by two males having sex. You run the exact same risks having sex with a straight guy as you do with anyone else (except for maybe another person with a vagina, depending on what you do). This isn't the 1980s anymore and the bias that gay men are more prone to STDs is 100% bullshit and (if you ask me) blatantly homophobic.

Anyhow, yes, I'd date a guy who also likes other guys or has had sex with other guys. My first and only thought would be "okay."

"You run the exact same risks having sex with a straight guy as you do with anyone else (except for maybe another person with a vagina, depending on what you do)." WRONG! Read the evidence!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) have been increasing among gay and bisexual men, with recent increases in syphilis being documented across the country. In 2012, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 75% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States. MSM often are diagnosed with other STDs, including chlamydia and gonorrhea infections.
HPV (Human Papillomavirus), the most common STD in the United States, is also a concern for Gay and Bisexual men. Some types of HPV can cause genital and anal warts and some can lead to the development of anal and oral cancer. Men who have sex with men are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. Overall, Gay and Bisexual men account for more than half of the 1.2 million people living with HIV in the United States (59%, or an estimated 712,500 persons) and approximately two-thirds of all new HIV infections each year (66%, or an estimated 31,400 infections).
Comparing 2008 to 2010, there was a 12 percent increase in the number of new infections among MSM. Among the youngest MSM — those aged 13 – 24 — new infections increased 22 percent, from 7,200 infections in 2008 to 8,800 in 2010. Reference: U.S. Centers For Disease Control (CDC) http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm

In the United States, gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are disproportionately affected by HIV. Gay and bisexual men represent approximately 2% of the US population, but accounted for three-fourths of all estimated new HIV infections annually from 2008 to 2010.
Among gay and bisexual men, black/African American** gay and bisexual men—especially those who are younger—are the group most affected by HIV. In 2010, African American gay and bisexual men accounted for almost as many new HIV infections as white gay and bisexual men, despite the differences in population size of African Americans compared to whites.
Although some progress has been made against new HIV infections among African Americans overall, a recent study of gay and bisexual men in 19 US cities and the District of Columbia showed a 19% increase in self-reported sex without condoms in HIV-positive African American gay and bisexual men—from 47% in 2005 to 56% in 2011. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/bmsm.html

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all gay and bisexual men. At the end of 2011, an estimated 500,022 (57%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html

Your information and your opinion are patently wrong. First of all, I never indicated that there was any STD that was transferable “only by male to male sex”. What I do rely on are facts regarding the sexual behaviors of gay and bisexual men and the increased incidence of STD’s as reported by the United States Center for Disease Control (CDC). As for your assertion that we are no longer in the 1980’s, you are absolutely right. The 1980’s represent only the dawn of the medical community’s understanding of HIV/AIDS and other STD’s attributed to sexual behavior. The year is 2015 and there is much more understanding of risks associated with sexual behaviors and documented evidence showing the at-risk groups.

Your assertion, “This isn't the 1980s anymore and the bias that gay men are more prone to STDs is 100% bullshit and (if you ask me) blatantly homophobic”, is not only factually wrong, but displays ignorance with regards to the evidence. Gay male and bisexual male sex represents substantially higher incidences of infection with STD’s. I have cited reports and conclusions completed by the CDC and have provided the links if you care to research for yourself. As far as your assertion that my comments are, “homophobic” first I would offer that homophobia has nothing to do with documented evidence conducted by the medical community and would further offer that your position seems to be steeped in political correctness. STD’s can ruin a person’s life and HIV/AIDS can be a death sentence. You are a moderator on VT and as a moderator you may be in a position to influence other kids on this site. You should base your opinions on facts and not political correctness.

You also made the comment that maybe someone with a vagina could present higher risk of transmitting STD’s. Here again, you are decidedly wrong. Year after year in study after study, the CDC has established that there is no evidence that female on female sexual activity puts either men or women at increased risk of contracting an STD. I firmly stand by my position that I would not risk my health by having sex with a gay or bisexual male but whatever any other girl wants to do is no business of mine.

We should test people for shit attitudes too, because if I was dating someone like you, I'd want to end it ASAP

A shit attitude has nothing to do with it. It is documented by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) that reported cases of STD's continue to rise every year among gay and bisexual males. I responded to Elysium with citations and references by the medical community if you care to read. Don't confuse a shit attitude with my knowledge of the risks and facts supported by science. I wouldn't risk my health and safety to be politically correct. Who you choose to have sex with is entirely up to you and I don't judge you for that. I deserve the same respect with my choices with my body. And, if you weren't up to speed on safer sex practices and what risks are out there, don't worry Karkat, you wouldn't be dating me.

-Merged double post. Please use the "Edit" or "Multi-quote" buttons. -Emerald Dream

Thanks Emerald Dream. I'm still kinda' new and didn't realize what the "Multi Quote" button did. As you can probably tell, I was just a bit pissed off too that I was called "homophobic" and that another user attributes MY personal decisions about MY body to a "shit attitude" instead of the proven science regarding the topic. I'm calming down now but hope moderators will cease giving out bad information to others based on their personal agendas and instead will provide useful and factual information.

Double post merged again. Next time, please use the "Edit" button. ~Elysium

Zoom
August 20th, 2015, 04:45 AM
I'd break up with him and get tested for STD's if he and I had had sex

What if he proved with unquestionably accurate test results from the duration of your relationship, that he was and is clean. What would your survey answers be knowing that?

KellyNC
August 20th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? Sure, especially considering that I'm bisexual myself
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? yes, same as above
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? I guess I'd be a little surprised but as long as he was willing to be faithful it wouldn't change anything. Otherwise I wouldn't expect him to quiz me on my sexual history and I wouldn't do that to him either.

Melodic
August 20th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? Yes.
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? Yes.
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? Nothing really, I'd just realize he wasn't a virgin.

ObliviousCat
August 21st, 2015, 01:41 PM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys?
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys?
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind?

I won't waste electricity asking guys the same question about girls :).

Thanks.

The sexual orientation of my partner does not matter at all to me as long as we remain monogamous.
If I know the boy asking me to be his is bisexual that will not affect my decision in the slightest. What matters is how I feel about that person and if I think we could be compatible and it's worth giving a go.
As for his sex life in the past...regardless if he had sex with guys or girls I would still want him tested before engaging in any sexual activity whatsoever.

wolf g
August 21st, 2015, 02:46 PM
i never date any one at all

Laibachd
August 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Bisexual voys are the best! :)

Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? yes
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? YES!
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? He has told me, and i found it extremely hot!!

Taryn98
August 22nd, 2015, 12:08 PM
yes probably

ClaraWho
August 22nd, 2015, 03:44 PM
Lol there are so many extreme comments from both sides here, some treating bisexual people how blacks used to be treated - whilst others claim bisexual is the only way to be.

I'll be honest, when someone is clearly bigoted, I tend not to bother reading most of their lengthy post. What I will say is that STD increase in gay men would far more likely be due to the thought process that one cannot get pregnant, so why use a condom? Ergo, men who have sex with men are identical in that aspect to any other sexual preference, including your own. If anyone, gay/lesbian/transgender/alien doesn't use a condom, they will get STD's. It's got nothing to do with the sexual act or 'god' punishing gay people. Or sex with monkeys.

~ Clara

N.B. STD is outdated, we should be saying STI, as it is a range of infections NOT a disease.

Laura101
August 23rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
I'll be honest, when someone is clearly ignorant of the documented medical science on a given subject, I tend not to bother reading most of their post regardless of its length. When that person then CHOOSES to remain ignorant and places their personal animus toward another person with a different point-of-view above educating themselves, then the validity of their point-of-view becomes truly suspect. Even more, when a person publicly proclaims they are romantically entwined with their own sibling, whatever all that entails and has erotic stories of incest, I have to ask is that person truly someone I should give a rats ass about when it comes to their opinion on relationships?

Karkat
September 10th, 2015, 04:39 PM
"You run the exact same risks having sex with a straight guy as you do with anyone else (except for maybe another person with a vagina, depending on what you do)." WRONG! Read the evidence!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) have been increasing among gay and bisexual men, with recent increases in syphilis being documented across the country. In 2012, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 75% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States. MSM often are diagnosed with other STDs, including chlamydia and gonorrhea infections.
HPV (Human Papillomavirus), the most common STD in the United States, is also a concern for Gay and Bisexual men. Some types of HPV can cause genital and anal warts and some can lead to the development of anal and oral cancer. Men who have sex with men are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. Overall, Gay and Bisexual men account for more than half of the 1.2 million people living with HIV in the United States (59%, or an estimated 712,500 persons) and approximately two-thirds of all new HIV infections each year (66%, or an estimated 31,400 infections).
Comparing 2008 to 2010, there was a 12 percent increase in the number of new infections among MSM. Among the youngest MSM — those aged 13 – 24 — new infections increased 22 percent, from 7,200 infections in 2008 to 8,800 in 2010. Reference: U.S. Centers For Disease Control (CDC) http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm

In the United States, gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are disproportionately affected by HIV. Gay and bisexual men represent approximately 2% of the US population, but accounted for three-fourths of all estimated new HIV infections annually from 2008 to 2010.
Among gay and bisexual men, black/African American** gay and bisexual men—especially those who are younger—are the group most affected by HIV. In 2010, African American gay and bisexual men accounted for almost as many new HIV infections as white gay and bisexual men, despite the differences in population size of African Americans compared to whites.
Although some progress has been made against new HIV infections among African Americans overall, a recent study of gay and bisexual men in 19 US cities and the District of Columbia showed a 19% increase in self-reported sex without condoms in HIV-positive African American gay and bisexual men—from 47% in 2005 to 56% in 2011. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/bmsm.html

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all gay and bisexual men. At the end of 2011, an estimated 500,022 (57%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html

Your information and your opinion are patently wrong. First of all, I never indicated that there was any STD that was transferable “only by male to male sex”. What I do rely on are facts regarding the sexual behaviors of gay and bisexual men and the increased incidence of STD’s as reported by the United States Center for Disease Control (CDC). As for your assertion that we are no longer in the 1980’s, you are absolutely right. The 1980’s represent only the dawn of the medical community’s understanding of HIV/AIDS and other STD’s attributed to sexual behavior. The year is 2015 and there is much more understanding of risks associated with sexual behaviors and documented evidence showing the at-risk groups.

Your assertion, “This isn't the 1980s anymore and the bias that gay men are more prone to STDs is 100% bullshit and (if you ask me) blatantly homophobic”, is not only factually wrong, but displays ignorance with regards to the evidence. Gay male and bisexual male sex represents substantially higher incidences of infection with STD’s. I have cited reports and conclusions completed by the CDC and have provided the links if you care to research for yourself. As far as your assertion that my comments are, “homophobic” first I would offer that homophobia has nothing to do with documented evidence conducted by the medical community and would further offer that your position seems to be steeped in political correctness. STD’s can ruin a person’s life and HIV/AIDS can be a death sentence. You are a moderator on VT and as a moderator you may be in a position to influence other kids on this site. You should base your opinions on facts and not political correctness.

You also made the comment that maybe someone with a vagina could present higher risk of transmitting STD’s. Here again, you are decidedly wrong. Year after year in study after study, the CDC has established that there is no evidence that female on female sexual activity puts either men or women at increased risk of contracting an STD. I firmly stand by my position that I would not risk my health by having sex with a gay or bisexual male but whatever any other girl wants to do is no business of mine.

A shit attitude has nothing to do with it. It is documented by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) that reported cases of STD's continue to rise every year among gay and bisexual males. I responded to Elysium with citations and references by the medical community if you care to read. Don't confuse a shit attitude with my knowledge of the risks and facts supported by science. I wouldn't risk my health and safety to be politically correct. Who you choose to have sex with is entirely up to you and I don't judge you for that. I deserve the same respect with my choices with my body. And, if you weren't up to speed on safer sex practices and what risks are out there, don't worry Karkat, you wouldn't be dating me.

-Merged double post. Please use the "Edit" or "Multi-quote" buttons. -Emerald Dream

Thanks Emerald Dream. I'm still kinda' new and didn't realize what the "Multi Quote" button did. As you can probably tell, I was just a bit pissed off too that I was called "homophobic" and that another user attributes MY personal decisions about MY body to a "shit attitude" instead of the proven science regarding the topic. I'm calming down now but hope moderators will cease giving out bad information to others based on their personal agendas and instead will provide useful and factual information.

Double post merged again. Next time, please use the "Edit" button. ~Elysium

Er, for one thing, correlation =/= causation. You also have to realize that the LGBT community faces more risk of infection by STD... Because there basically isn't any sexual education for them.

Up until, say, a decade ago, or possibly even more recent than that, they wouldn't have even had the resources to find out other than word of mouth- largely because it was so taboo, and largely because no one with proper knowledge of medical science really gave a damn.

Stop acting like you know better than everyone else because you have internet access. And this "agenda" idea you've got going on in your head literally just makes you part of the problem.

You want to have safe sex? Fine by me. But being a dehumanizing snob isn't something you just get to get off scot-free on. People will call you out on it.

Especially since the lot of us who are active are *surprise surprise* gay or otherwise LGBT.

SkyClad33605
September 10th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? Yes, I would prefer it actually
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? Yes, again, I prefer this
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? Why didn't you tell me sooner :)

Side note: I think straight guys are boring. Bi and pan guys are the only guys that interest me. But that's just me :)

PaleBoy
September 11th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? Yes, I would prefer it actually
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? Yes, again, I prefer this
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? Why didn't you tell me sooner :)

Side note: I think straight guys are boring. Bi and pan guys are the only guys that interest me. But that's just me :)

That is a very interesting preference!

kentucky girl
September 11th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Would you date a guy who said he also likes other guys? Yes, since I am bi as well
Would you date a guy who said he has had sex with other guys? Yes, Ive had sex with other girls so only seems fair
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? Glad he was honest with me.

Dyri_14
September 12th, 2015, 06:48 AM
If your boyfriend told you he had had sex with guys in the past, what thoughts would come to mind? No problem to me..