PDA

View Full Version : Scary movie

TSUNAMI
August 14th, 2015, 06:49 PM
What is the Scariest movies you ever saw?

Elysium
August 14th, 2015, 06:56 PM
I have not seen a ton of scary movies, but The Conjuring and The Ring both fucked me up pretty bad.

Hideous
August 14th, 2015, 07:33 PM
The Conjuring, The Taking of Deborah Logan, Insidious, and Dark Skies.

DriveAlive
August 14th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Don't be Afraid of the Dark and Pan's Labyrinth both scared me pretty good.

Lost in the Echo
August 14th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Off the top of my head, I'd say the Texas Chainsaw Massacre ( the 2003 version )

DriveAlive
August 14th, 2015, 10:11 PM
The Orphanage in the spanish version is really scary

Jason The Great
August 14th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Insidious. It feels pretty real for no reason...

Hindsight
August 14th, 2015, 11:34 PM
My opinion changes lol. I was too scared to watch the whole Jaws series when I was little (except the third one, which happened to be the least scariest for me). I Am Legend also kinda scared me when I was little :P

I am more of a fan of old horror movies. The scariest movie I have watched recently was Black Christmas. Though it is kind of old it is actually legit scary. And the Exorcist was a good one too. I also liked Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street, but they did not seem as scary.

Also The Blair Witch Project seemed like a good one. I never got to finish it, because my parents won't let me due to do immense amount of swearing in that movie :P But I heard it had a scary ending.

ClaireM
August 15th, 2015, 01:13 AM
I watched the Exorcist with my mom, I think she was too scared to watch it alone :)
She said it was banned in the UK when it was made so couldn't see it when she was younger. It was quite scary.
Is it just me, but I get a bit horny watching scary movies?

Hindsight
August 15th, 2015, 01:30 AM
I watched the Exorcist with my mom, I think she was too scared to watch it alone :)
She said it was banned in the UK when it was made so couldn't see it when she was younger. It was quite scary.
Is it just me, but I get a bit horny watching scary movies?

The Exorcist was a very controversial film for its time. It was outstandingly disturbing for the standards at that time. Even creepier, during the film the set burned down, except for Regan's bedroom. People fainted and vomited while watching the movie. Also some people claim that the film contained actual footage of Satan, and the movie was possessed.

I personally don't find myself getting horny while watching scary movies, but with the exception of sex scenes :P But that is usually what happens right before something really freaky occurs in your typical horror movie, so my boner is always killed mercilessly.

james smith
August 15th, 2015, 02:45 AM
The wrong turn 5
Also had some sex scenes which made me horny

Akasuki
August 15th, 2015, 05:03 AM
I'm very obsessed with the horror genre. I think the one film that really spooked me was Sinister. I can't wait for the sequel. However, my favourite horror film would be The Babadook. :D

Hudor
August 15th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Well I decided to watch the Conjuring and exorcist alone and didn't manage to finish either so they would be the scariest for me.

Abhorrence
August 15th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Ughhhhhh, I've watched so many and they're all so fucking terrible. I've ranged from like the oldest horror and slasher films to the newest and none of them are any good. I'd say the scariest recent one is The Babadook. That was kind of creepy at some points and I thought it was well done until near the end where it just got plain stupid. The Conjuring was a decent film, I've watched that twice and it wasn't scary but it was good. All the Insidious films suck majorly, the first one had a creepy moment with the dude in the baby's room but that's it. I'm just trying to think of more... I used to love watching the Halloween films when I was a kid but again they're more slasher films and not really scary. The Descent has some decent jumpscares. The Hills Have Eyes is pretty weird. Uhhhh, all the Wrong Turn films are awful but I quite like the second one. Nightmare On Elm Street is a pretty standard slasher with a backstory that made no sense to me for ages until I rewatched it when I was a bit older.
I remember I watched this film once that creeped me out but I can't remember the name of it, I probably watched it when I was like 8/9/10 and it had a creepy little girl in an elevator but that's all I remember.
I really like horror films but they're not scary in the slightest which is sad because I like being scared.

StoppingTom
August 15th, 2015, 10:50 AM
I can't think of a horror movie I've seen where I didn't get the feeling it was trying too hard to be "OOO SPOOOKY". Things have just become so cliche in that genre I kind of know what to expect going into each scene.

Ratman1234
August 15th, 2015, 04:49 PM
The conjuring and the omen were scary. But the Blair witch project really disturbed me.

KeeganW
August 22nd, 2015, 08:21 PM
first Halloween movie

SethfromMI
August 22nd, 2015, 10:33 PM
the Exorcist and Exorcism of Emily Rose. I shudder thinking about it

oh and the scariest movie of them all: High School Musical

ObliviousCat
August 22nd, 2015, 11:34 PM
Honestly a lot of modern horror movies are not so great (in my opinion) so none of the new ones scare me..at least from the ones I've seen. The classics are great. The Halloween and Scream series are my favorite but the movie that's actually scared me the most is The Shining. Psychological horror is my favorite genre anyways.

ObliviousCat
August 22nd, 2015, 11:34 PM
oh and the scariest movie of them all: High School Musical

:lol::lol::lol:

SethfromMI
August 23rd, 2015, 03:22 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

haha glad you enjoyed that =)