PDA

View Full Version : MDMA & its short & long term effects

Paladino
August 12th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I first tried MDMA/Ecstasy pills for the first time after I turned 18. That was nearly 3 years ago, I know the short term side effects include a few days of sadness, a REALLY bad hangover etc, I have read online that long term effects can be anxiety, depression & cognitive effects, what are cognitive effects what does that mean?

The time scales I have taken them varies, sometimes its once a month, sometimes 3 times a month, in the past I went through periods of not taking it for like 2 months. Now, in the last year finding out I was cheated on & being dumped while on a comedown(which you are really sad sometimes on a comedown) made me have severe break downs, I am fine now but worried incase in the long run I end up depressed/with bad anxiety.

Will I end up with heart problems? I intend to stop because I worried but 2 years or so of recreational use shouldn't cause damage to the heart?

If you seize taking this stuff altogether do any long term effects you develop go away? Or if you do it in moderation do they go away? Not promoting or encouraging people to take this.

Jean Poutine
August 12th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Ecstasy is generally considered to be neurotoxic, so abusing it can definitely cause problems for you in the long run. It won't dig holes in your brain like on Ofrah but it can lead to memory problems and depression among other things, and brain damage generally cannot be reversed.

I'm not an MDMA user so I don't know how long that can take or how much you'd need to take for these effects to show up.

If you intend to continue using MDMA, be sure to test your pills before consumption. In pill form, it is more common to get something else entirely (as a bunch of chemicals cause similar effects) or MDMA laced with other shit than to get real, pure MDMA, in which case even an encyclopedic knowledge of the side effects of MDMA won't help you. You can buy a testing kit over the Internet. If you use molly that is less likely, but it is still a good safety precaution.

Before using any drug I recommend checking Erowid for safety information. Always know what the things you put in your body do to you before putting them there!

mikielikesit
August 15th, 2015, 08:46 PM
THe problem is you never know what your taking and what else its been made with. Its never the same cause its not made in a control enviorment. This said it may be fine once then the next time u Overdose.

Human
August 16th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I think with any kind of drug like MDMA 'cognitive effects' are pretty generalist descriptions, they're put there maybe to explain rare side effects some have faced, maybe increased risk of schizophrenia like associated with cannabis etc.
I have never heard of MDMA causing heart problems however. Used correctly and occasionally it is probably one of the safest drugs...

phuckphace
August 21st, 2015, 12:09 PM
anecdote time: a bro of mine used to rave-a-lot in middle school and now he suffers from random ass bouts of severe depression and suicidal ideation with no other apparent cause. I blame the X, especially given the amount he did and his age at the time. it ain't nothin to phuck with at any age though. I figure why trip balls with glowsticks for an hour and then hang myself, when I could smoke a doob (or four, or twenty) and eat a whole bag of Hostess Donettes instead?

MDMA: not even once

CosmicNoodle
August 21st, 2015, 12:55 PM
I used to do MDMA a lot but stopped because...well...it's MDMA...it's a bad idea. I've noticed no long term side effects

chris.parker1122
January 31st, 2016, 03:54 PM
MDMA is very toxic to your brain. Regular use will cause some long term effects, but one use will probably not.

You will probably experience very mild depression(bored feeling, tired, no interest) for a couple days after, but this will go away quickly.

Research preloading and postloading supplements if you want to keep your brain safe from all the harmful chemicals and eliminate the come down.