PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I have social anxiety disorder...

mariozplaze
August 11th, 2015, 11:38 AM
This is a feeling that I've had before, which is that I'm afraid of a doing a lot of things that involves people. Like, I don't do parties or school dances (I did go to one once, but that was for my GF at the time), when I get put on the spot, I start stuttering. When I'm in public to do something as simple as, oh, buy a movie ticket, I start trembling. I'm fine when I'm with like three friends I'm fine, which also why I have such a small pool (or rather, puddle) of friends.

This really concerns me, because I fear that it will impair my performance in the real world, like job interviews and such (I didn't need to interview for the job I have right now.) I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I don't want to ask my family if I can see a psychiatrist because they seem to think that I'm a hypochondriac or something (trust me, I'm not), and plus, I don't think my insurance covers it.

hazelteen
August 11th, 2015, 11:49 AM
im sorry, I'm no expert, but it sounds like you do. Your doctor will probably be able to advise something or a place you can go to to get better help

Primenumber
August 11th, 2015, 01:30 PM
I suspect I have it too, at this point I am afraid to go to shops...
Haven't done anything about it, I guess if I have it, then it is probably the smallest of my undiagnosed mental disorders...

Phoenix718
September 25th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I have social anxiety and I am currently seeing a psychologist about it. I am okay when I am walking around with a lot of people (town centres, etc.) but I can not do the same thing while standing still. I also find it incredibly hard to talk to people, even my own family. I can't make friends, and those that I do make I am considered last in the group.