PDA

View Full Version : Asthma and Smoking

Dune
August 11th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Ever since I was a youngling I have had chronic asthma. I am so sensitive that the smallest factors may trigger a reaction..ugh. Anyways, I was curious how smoking cigarettes or marijuana affects those with asthma? Do you get an asthmatic trigger or feel wheezy? I do not plan on smoking anytime soon, but I guess I've always have had a curiosity about it.

Allain1996
August 11th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I'd say best you avoid smoking altogether.
I don't have asthma, but I've got diminished lung function due to scarring from having serious RSV when I was 6 weeks old that almost killed me. I work in a place where pretty much everybody except me and one other dude smokes heavily so I'm around cigarettes all the time and it sucks. I vape though and it doesn't cause any side effects for me at all.

SethfromMI
August 11th, 2015, 08:44 PM
I can't imagine smoking being good for your asthma

THJKIGB
August 11th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Yeah I agree with everyone here that smoking Pot or Cigarettes would not be the best thing for you. I mean it affects peoples breathing that don't have asthma and they smoke. So I would imagine it would affect someone with asthma like yourself 100 times stronger.

phuckphace
August 11th, 2015, 11:26 PM
I know a couple of people with chronic asthma who can smoke weed but not cigarettes. cigs will definitely fuck with asthma.

Human
August 12th, 2015, 08:07 PM
My asthmatic friend always brings his inhaler as it can make him wheezy

Horte
August 14th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Yea...it's true...

Stronk Serb
August 27th, 2015, 09:56 AM
I have an asthmatic friend who is a smoker. He had one attack when he was a child and ine when he was hanging out with us. Smoking + asthma is a definitely bad combo.

Abhorrence
August 27th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I'm not an expert on asthma but I wouldn't exactly recommend smoking whilst having that condition. I wouldn't recommend smoking in general but I'm sure that smoking would only complicate the issues you already face.

wolf g
August 27th, 2015, 12:48 PM
smoking is very dangerous for teen
so i think it's have a bad results

PaleBoy
August 28th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I knew a guy who had asthma and used to occasionally smoke. It was pretty bad, his lungs couldnīt handle it at all!

Hudor
August 28th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I know a guy who had a severe asthmatic attack triggered by smoking. He landed up in the hospital for quite a while. I think it's best you avoid smoking

seoulsuho
August 28th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Whilst I have no experience in this area, I'd strongly discourage smoking for someone with asthma. The two don't seem to go well together. (:

jennyem
September 5th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Yes it definitely does! You shouldn't smoke if you already have problems with asthma..you're just asking for trouble!