PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping with a bra unhealthy?

xXoblivionXx
August 9th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Most people prefer to sleep without a bra because it's uncomfortable but is it actually healthier?

hazelteen
August 9th, 2015, 04:55 PM
i prefer to sleep without, but I don't really see how it could be healthy to sleep with?! Nature never really intended for us to wear bras in the first place. You have me thinking now though.. If anyone really has the answer to this, I want to know!

anny01
August 9th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Wearing bra no matter when and where is not healthy ;d

maggs
August 9th, 2015, 08:11 PM
I agree with Hazel. Why do you think it's unhealthy?

LITTLEANGEL16
August 10th, 2015, 01:59 AM
I sleep naked so no bra anyway, but I Googled the following search term and that should answer all your questions.

"is sleeping in a bra unhealthy"

Daniella98
August 10th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Without knowing the truth of this, I 'think' its unhealthy. Our skin needs to breath. And if you sleep in a bra, I imagine you wear a bra at any given time unless youre in the shower. And the amount of time you shower is not very long time for that particular skin area to breath before its locked in again.
All in all I dont think its deadly unhealthy or even something to consult a doctor with. But I would deam it healthier to let the skin get some air once in a while.

ClaraWho
August 10th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Lol at the idea skin needs to 'breathe' xD sorry, but that's simply not the case.

Wear a bra or not to sleep, it's purely a comfort decision. I posted in a thread a while back regarding this (sorry you'll have to search I don't have time right now to find a link!).

There is zero evidence wearing a bra to sleep is bad in any way.

Personally I don't, purely because it's just endlessly more comfy! (:

~ Clara

BethMitchell
August 10th, 2015, 04:42 PM
I never sleep with a bra on. Besides it being uncomfortable for sleep, I try to go without wearing one whenever possible. It's a myth that bras prevent sagging. Actually, a bra keeps the muscles and ligaments from being exercised which can lead to sagging.

Hase
August 11th, 2015, 04:27 PM
I sleep without bra and I can not imagine it were healthy.

THJKIGB
August 11th, 2015, 04:31 PM
I never wear a bra to sleep, but I don't see where there would be health risks involved if you would happen to wear one.

JaceySmiles
August 11th, 2015, 09:49 PM
I don't wear one to sleep in just because it's just plain uncomfortable

Daniella98
August 12th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Lol at the idea skin needs to 'breathe' xD sorry, but that's simply not the case.

Wear a bra or not to sleep, it's purely a comfort decision. I posted in a thread a while back regarding this (sorry you'll have to search I don't have time right now to find a link!).

There is zero evidence wearing a bra to sleep is bad in any way.

Personally I don't, purely because it's just endlessly more comfy! (:

~ Clara

So our skin doesnt 'breath' huh?
Then let me rephrase. Our skin absorbs oxygen.
If you have had a bandage on for a long time, how is the state of your skin when you take it off?
Not as smooth and fine as the rest of your skin. Not until it has had some time to absorb some oxygen and regain its natural health. Hence: 'breath'

ClaraWho
August 12th, 2015, 06:39 AM
So our skin doesnt 'breath' huh?
Then let me rephrase. Our skin absorbs oxygen.
If you have had a bandage on for a long time, how is the state of your skin when you take it off?
Not as smooth and fine as the rest of your skin. Not until it has had some time to absorb some oxygen and regain its natural health. Hence: 'breath'

lol the skin doesn't do that either, in the same way we don't drown if we take a bath...

The reason our skin changes when we have a plaster on is to do with pressure, trapped moisture/oils released by the skin, lack of natural healthy bacteria, etc. Not because it hasn't been breathing, just like it doesn't get affected when we wear clothing, a one piece swimsuit, a bra or thong.

~ Clara

Daniella98
August 12th, 2015, 06:42 AM
lol the skin doesn't do that either, in the same way we don't drown if we take a bath...

The reason our skin changes when we have a plaster on is to do with pressure, trapped moisture/oils released by the skin, lack of natural healthy bacteria, etc. Not because it hasn't been breathing, just like it doesn't get affected when we wear clothing, a one piece swimsuit, a bra or thong.

~ Clara
When I speek of breathing and absorbing oxygen, of course Im not talking about our lungs function. Hahahaha

O2 is absorbed and CO2 is excreted via the pores

ClaraWho
August 13th, 2015, 10:54 AM
When I speek of breathing and absorbing oxygen, of course Im not talking about our lungs function. Hahahaha

O2 is absorbed and CO2 is excreted via the pores

This is exactly what I'm talking about - that simply isn't the case.

~ Clara

Sweeper
August 14th, 2015, 01:15 AM
I think the only thing unhealthy about it is that it makes the area around the bands sore. I accidently fall asleep with mine on all the time and it sucks when I wake up with sore red bands around my chest.

Devon_
August 14th, 2015, 01:59 AM
not that i know of

Jordan99
August 16th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I don't know whether or not it could be unhealthy, but it sure as hell isn't comfortable and I would never wear one to sleep. I don't even like to wear a bra with my clothes if I can get away with it but my parents give me a hard time if my nipples poke out.

ClaireM
August 18th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I have fallen asleep with a bra on, but wouldn't wear on in bed

KellyNC
August 20th, 2015, 02:31 PM
I don't think it's supposed to be anymore unhealthy one way or the other, but I personally always go to bed without, though that's just a comfort decision.