PDA

View Full Version : Worst plane experience?

liptonlee
August 8th, 2015, 12:39 PM
On China Airlines. Suddenly halted DURING takeoff. It's scary to feel the engines vrooming and the next moment screeching to a stop on the runway. Turns out to be some kind of mechanical issue and the flight was delayed by 3 hours. Good thing I left an extra day for transit to a remote-y resort town, or else I would have missed a day...

Your turn.

Kacey
August 8th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Not sure if this counts, since I wasn't in the plane, but still.

Back when my mom worked for this farming company, the owner flew a crop-duster semi-often. There was this one day when he decided to take off in the most dangerous way I can think of. Background on this: it had been raining a fair amount, and the runway he used at that location was just a bit too wet. So he decided to use the road instead. Being as this was out in the middle of nowhere, that's fine. Except he decided to buzz the office right as soon as his wheels left the ground. There's still skid marks on that roof to this day, as far as I know... I was (thankfully) out in one of the sheds nearby, and so I saw it go down... Or up? Not sure. Whatever.

Again, not sure if that counts...

StoppingTom
August 8th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I was on a flight back from Jamaica, while a kid (like 12 I guess) decided to rap for the ENTIRE flight. It was like 3 in the morning.

Saul Goodman
August 9th, 2015, 06:56 AM
I was given a window emergency exit seat on an Iberia flight recently. I confirmed I knew how to speak English and was over 15 years old (cough) and started to enjoy the extra legroom I would have for the next 2 hours and 40 minutes when an incredibly rude and bitchy stewardess told me that my seat had been double booked and that I had to move to a different seat to allow a pensioner to sit there. I was then sat in a middle seat, squashed between two fat Spanish guys. I fucking hate Iberia.

Oh, I was also told off by ATC once for flying too low, and they seemed quite annoyed. Oops.

ImCoolBeans
August 11th, 2015, 11:01 AM
I was flying home from Florida last summer and for most of the ride back we had rough turbulence. It got really bad at some points and the rough patches were long lasting. People were really scared and were throwing up, crying, screaming, saying goodbye to each other. It was kind of fucked up.

THJKIGB
August 14th, 2015, 03:00 AM
It was my first ever time flying on a plane and I was 7 years old and my family was going to Nassau Bahamas. First off, the flight was delayed for 3 hours and we were never really told why this was. Then we boarded the plane finally and because we waited so long a lot of the people flying were already drinking a lot and were drunk. Then they announced because of the long delay that it was free alcoholic drinks the entire flight down. So as we were flying people were getting even more intoxicated and some were getting really rowdy and inappropriate. Then as we were flying the pilot came over the intercom and said we had to make an emergency landing. After he finished making this announcement the plane immediately seemed to drop a lot in the air very quickly. My ears were killing me because of the pressure and my little brother who was 2 at the time was really miserable. So we landed in Florida and sat on the plane for about 1 hour with the passengers still drinking for free then they had us get off the plane again and we waited several more hours. Come to find out the plane was losing fuel and we needed to make the emergency landing quick. So we finally got back on the plane and made it the rest of the way to the Bahamas and we arrived at the Resort we were staying at at 11:45 at night.

The_Unwinding
August 14th, 2015, 04:59 PM
About 5 or 6 years ago, I was on a night flight to Kathmandu when we hit a rough patch of turbulence not far from the airport. There was a severe thunderstorm going on and I remember looking at the onboard cameras and seeing balls of lightning in the clouds flying past, all the while the plane was rocking furiously from side to side. It was terrifying.

Also waaay before that I was once on a Malaysian Airlines flight that got delayed for a few hours because one of the exits had a mechanical fault.