PDA

View Full Version : Best part about living

Gwen
August 7th, 2015, 04:06 AM
I bolded the important parts in case people just wanted to get to the point.

I didn't know where else to put this but I just wanted to share it badly. For context I was with a coworker at lunch break and we were just mindlessly chatting when I decided to ask her: "What is the best part of living?"
I don't know why I said it or if I meant it to come out seriously, I thought she was just going to give a joking response but she looked in the sky for a moment thinking before replying. "The best part about living... is that you are alive, don't you think?"

It sounds a bit stupid when writing it down, but to me at the time is was really powerful and made me think for a long time after. I wasn't able to give her an answer since I've never thought about it myself. Even now I'm still not sure but it has changed my look on things.

Steve Jobs
August 7th, 2015, 05:15 AM
Sure, it's better to be living than be a plank of wood or something :P

A really close friend of mine recently brought up his battle of depression a few nights ago, and I didn't realize how much we shared in common. It's a big question we tried to answer - life can seem so superfluous sometimes :yeah:

jennyem
August 16th, 2015, 12:09 PM
best part of living is finding new things and meeting new people!

everlong
August 16th, 2015, 04:36 PM
I don't know what the best thing about me is

THJKIGB
August 16th, 2015, 06:31 PM
The best part of living for me is that I get to wake up everyday and start a whole new adventure.

Januarist2000
August 23rd, 2015, 09:38 PM
Having the right to learn, having caring parents and friends, and planning a future

wolf g
August 24th, 2015, 06:27 PM
the best part of living for me as muslim is every part in my whole life you why because every morning i wake up i be very exiting to things leave the god be happy and leave my chances be a lot to have the haven and i every day ask my god to give me power to stay like that .
so for these i never think to geven up when i have a problem because when i read the quoran that give me the power to continue in my life .
i hope you understand me because that is the best part of my life.

ObliviousCat
August 30th, 2015, 07:33 PM
"The world is not a pleasant place to be without someone to hold and be held by."
^ That is my response. I think one of the best parts about living is having someone to love and be loved by, hold and be held by, care and be cared for. It's a great feeling and experience that brings us warmth and happiness in its purest form.

phuckphace
August 30th, 2015, 09:12 PM
I like living because the alternative seems rather dull by comparison.

when I was little I used to think that I wouldn't care about death by the time I got old, but now that I'm a bit older I've realized it doesn't work like that. yikes.

StoppingTom
August 30th, 2015, 09:13 PM
I don't know what the best part of living is for me, and that in itself is the best part I think. Every day has new potential for me to find something I didn't even know I needed, and that's exciting and mysterious and maddening all at once.

Mars
September 5th, 2015, 09:53 PM
The struggles and conflict

And then the overcoming of them

eric2001
September 9th, 2015, 10:39 AM
The best part of living is learning to help others.

messyme
November 9th, 2015, 10:00 PM
The best part about living is sharing moments with your love ones.

thematthewad
November 13th, 2015, 06:39 PM
I'd say the best part of living is going places and doing things you've never done before.

soccerismylife
December 12th, 2015, 03:58 PM
best part of living is finding new things and meeting new people!

Agree. Or finding a hidden talent.

soccerismylife
December 12th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I'd say the best part of living is going places and doing things you've never done before.

Yassssss !

amgb
December 13th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Loving, being loved, exploring the world, discovering yourself, so many good things about living and being alive. For me, everything about life and even the not-so-good parts of it can be beautiful. But...I think the best part about living is that you have so much to give to the people around you; kindness, support, compassion, friendship, and love. And so much more. Just - the gift of giving.

german_boy
December 13th, 2015, 05:04 PM
It's traveling in my opinion. When you travel you can discover so many things, get to know new people and cultures, ... In short a life without travel would be too boring.

james wolf
December 22nd, 2015, 12:46 PM
Adventure and joy. That is the best thing about living.