PDA

View Full Version : I don't know

Silicon
August 5th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I've been off my anti depressant for 3 months now and I was doing good, no episodes at all, and then I told my mom, figuring it had been three months I figured she would see progress and support my decision but she became hesitant and told me in her "walking on eggshells " kind of way that she thought it best I take them, I can see her concern but it's been three months but I took it for her comfort yesterday and I felt horrible, all dizzy and short of breath, but I figured it was a mental reaction that affected me physically seeing as the medicine is time released and it's not like it got into my system completely that fast.
Should I take it for her sake or do what I feel is best?

Vermilion
August 5th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Do what makes you feel best. If you can do it without antidepressants do so. I wish I could.

Babs
August 5th, 2015, 02:14 PM
If you're doing fine without them, maybe see where that takes you. However, if you feel like you're at risk of an episode, you should take them if you feel they help.

Human
August 5th, 2015, 05:46 PM
If you really don't think you need them it might be worth to try and have some time off them, as long as you feel safe doing so

Fehu
August 11th, 2015, 03:20 AM
If you don't feel like taking them then don't. Don't feel obliged to take them just cuz someone says you should, because its your body, and only you control it.

maggs
August 17th, 2015, 08:33 AM
I would ask the doctor first. Tell you've been doing good without it and ask for his/her opinion. Depression is a serious condition and you have to be careful about it.

Nav-Man
August 17th, 2015, 10:02 AM
If they're perscribed. Take them.
Contact your GP and find what the best idea is.
If they're not avoid them.
If you can climb that mountain with just yourself do it.
As the godly shia once said. "Just, Do It."

Just JT
August 17th, 2015, 11:12 AM
The thing about meds is that you never really know when your going to need them
An episode can creep up on ya and you don't even realize it, then it's to late as some meds take a lot of time to begin to work
You may be ok without them right now, but how about tomorrow?

Talk to your doctor