PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Minions?

simplired
August 5th, 2015, 08:57 AM
I've noticed a lot of hate towards the little yellow guys from Despicable Me and personally I don't get it. What are your opinions on the minions? (Bonus points for rhyming).

Onlyfaith
August 5th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Well I find them cute... and I find good that people have escaped from the movie and the write some things in pictures with minions... sometimes those things are funny or have a special meaning. And that's just a way to express some feelings?! They express some people and I don't see any reason to hate Minions

everlong
August 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
They're hated so much because everyone started to get overly hyped about the movie and it spread all across the internet. There's freaky art about minions and unnecessary merchandise with minions on them. It's weird.

CosmicNoodle
August 5th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I fucking despise them, they're just irritating at this point. I was fine with them at the beginning, but after them being everywhere for so long I'm just sick of them

azure moonstone
August 5th, 2015, 01:51 PM
The Minions, before they met Gru
Lived in a cave with nothing to do
Thought it was such a thrill
to meet Scarlet Overkill
Their purpose they thought was renewed.

She wanted them to do quite the job
The Queen's crown they were tasked to rob
Through the air they were thrown,
pulled the sword from the stone
Now everyone cheers for King Bob.

tMkqPYpSzq0

Reise
August 5th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Well, as their name tell it, they're cute.

simplired
August 5th, 2015, 02:23 PM
They're hated so much because everyone started to get overly hyped about the movie and it spread all across the internet. There's freaky art about minions and unnecessary merchandise with minions on them. It's weird.

So it's not the minions themselves, but the craze over it; sort of like the whole Frozen thing?

xXoblivionXx
August 5th, 2015, 06:03 PM
nothing against the minions but I think they did a bad job with the movie, usually I enjoy kids movies but I really didn't like watching the minions. there were some funny parts but for the majority of the movie I was waiting for it to be over

Melodic
August 5th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I really don't understand the hype. I watched the first Despicable Me movie, and I thought it was beyond overrated. But again, I'm not really into cartoons.

everlong
August 5th, 2015, 09:32 PM
So it's not the minions themselves, but the craze over it; sort of like the whole Frozen thing?

Sort of, from my understanding. People just overemphasized how much they think it sucks.

SethfromMI
August 5th, 2015, 09:35 PM
I fucking despise them, they're just irritating at this point. I was fine with them at the beginning, but after them being everywhere for so long I'm just sick of them

I agree with Joe on this one. I just find them annoying and do not see why so many people find them so funny

crazyBoyjJ
August 5th, 2015, 09:57 PM
I love them there funny and dumb at the same time.

BlackParadePixie
August 6th, 2015, 03:26 PM
i LOVE the minions, lol, sorry! I just think they're kinda like me....or i'm kinda like them....sometimes :lol:

Valentine_
August 6th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Oh I love them. They are just so cute, don't know how anyone can hate them.

lliam
August 6th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Minions are like Pokemons, Smurfs, etc. So you like'em, hates'em or you don't care.

I don't care.

Drewboyy
August 6th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I've only watched Despicable Me. So I don't get any of this hate you see.
I've heard the rest were alright though, so I wonder if they are that low?

Can I get points for trying?

Tyler97
August 7th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I think most kids like them anyone over the age of 13 probably shouldn't really like them, but who knows.

Babs
August 7th, 2015, 04:30 PM
If I could go one day without seeing the minions, I could die happy.

Shin-Ah
August 2nd, 2016, 01:21 AM
There was this animator who made a rant about minions being and i quote "yellow butt plugs....." a lot of anger in my opinion....I mean they're ok

Flapjack
August 2nd, 2016, 01:26 AM
Everyday I wake up and thank the gods that the minion trend is dead XD

Elysium
August 2nd, 2016, 07:28 AM
There was this animator who made a rant about minions being and i quote "yellow butt plugs....." a lot of anger in my opinion....I mean they're ok
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more. :locked: