PDA

View Full Version : "Vacation"

Microcosm
August 2nd, 2015, 07:37 PM
NOTICE: These are just my overall thoughts of the movie. There shouldn't be any serious spoilers.

Given that the original "Vacation" movies were my childhood and I watched them together with my family countless times throughout my childhood, I was highly critical of the new sequel they just released in theaters...

And apparently so were the critics :0

https://www.google.com/search?q=vacation+reviews&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The new vacation movie was mostly a let-down for me on its memorability, but it had me laughing almost all the way through. It was funny, but it doesn't stand up to the standard of the originals and you can tell that the people who made the movie really didn't have their heart in it.

In the end, it was really nothing more than a wanna-be of the old Vacation originals that we all know and love.

My Rating: 6.5/10

I laughed, but many of the jokes were forced and not memorable whatsoever. The originals had comedy that you never really saw coming, and the newer sequel just didn't have enough of that for me.

I could go into detail on each part that I thought didn't live up to the standard that they were trying to meet, but I'll save myself the time and just say no more. I don't want to give away any spoilers, anyways.

Who else has seen the new "Vacation?" Did you see the old ones?

Should you see the old ones? Yes, you should.

Let Me Be a Pony
August 2nd, 2015, 07:46 PM
Will be seeing the original movies. :>
Thanks for the info, Dan.

BondJamesBond
August 3rd, 2015, 12:14 PM
I've seen the original movies, and though I don't have high expectations, I'm looking forward to see the new one. :)

Ratman1234
August 26th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I didn't even know it was a sequel...