PDA

View Full Version : herbs that can help anxiety

thatgothgirluknow
August 1st, 2015, 08:21 PM
so ive had anxiety for a really long time and medication has never really helped me much well on my birthday my dad bought me my favorite plant sage and now i have two of the plants one a baby and one fully grown well one day i decided that i wanted to chew on one of the leaves since it is used as a spice and i have tried sage before and i realized that just putting a leaf of sage in my mouth and leaving it there helped my anxiety allot it works amazing and relaxes your muscles to relieve the tension often caused by anxiety so i thought it would be helpful to someone else to know but we dont all have fresh sage lying around so hears a recipe that ive herd helps allot for many reasons and is simple to make sage tea all you need is a tea bag and a tsp of ground or fresh sage wich u can find at the store make the tea as u normally would and while it's still really hot put it the sage and wait 20 minutes then drink it should help allot also u can add honey for a bit of a sweet taste but be carefull because to much sage can be toxic so to be safe stay with a cup a day hope it helps guys

Fiction
August 2nd, 2015, 09:10 AM
Chamomile tea is also good for anxiety.

Tifany
September 28th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Yes, I too believe that there are some amazing herbs that really work for anxiety and depression. Here are some I would like to share with you.
1. Lemon Balm - from the mint family makes a great tea and has been used since the middle ages to help with melancholy or depression.

2. Chamomile is a euphoric herb and works to drink it or smell it. Use it in tea - better a night as it also helps you to sleep or carry a sachet or essential oil of the herb to sniff at school or work. I call this the Happy herb. You can also use it in baked goods...

3. Oat straw is another herb used to lift the spirits - try it with chamomile or lemon balm.

4. Scull Cap herb is a great de-stressor. It can be bitter in a tea so you might want to purchase an elixir or herbal tincture of this herb. It works pretty quickly.

5. Lavender is a great herb with many benefits. Use it for a sachet or essential oil to relax and destress.

You can find these herbs at stores that carry bulk herbs and they are not expensive. You can use a coffee press to make tea with the loose herbs or buy bags and make your own tea bags.Hopefully, these home remedies for anxiety (http://olwomen.com/simple-yet-effective-home-remedies-for-anxiety/) will be helpful for you.

Body odah Man
September 28th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Yes, I too believe that there are some amazing herbs that really work for anxiety and depression. Here are some I would like to share with you.
1. Lemon Balm - from the mint family makes a great tea and has been used since the middle ages to help with melancholy or depression.

2. Chamomile is a euphoric herb and works to drink it or smell it. Use it in tea - better a night as it also helps you to sleep or carry a sachet or essential oil of the herb to sniff at school or work. I call this the Happy herb. You can also use it in baked goods...

3. Oat straw is another herb used to lift the spirits - try it with chamomile or lemon balm.

4. Scull Cap herb is a great de-stressor. It can be bitter in a tea so you might want to purchase an elixir or herbal tincture of this herb. It works pretty quickly.

5. Lavender is a great herb with many benefits. Use it for a sachet or essential oil to relax and destress.

You can find these herbs at stores that carry bulk herbs and they are not expensive. You can use a coffee press to make tea with the loose herbs or buy bags and make your own tea bags.Hopefully, these home remedies for anxiety (http://olwomen.com/simple-yet-effective-home-remedies-for-anxiety/) will be helpful for you.

Dang that stuff is cool

ImCoolBeans
September 30th, 2015, 01:41 PM

I find lavender and chamomile to be very relaxing, but I haven't tried scull cap herb or oat straw, I'll have to check them out/look into them.

I like chamomile best in tea, though some people either smell it or use it in the form of essential oil as Tifany said.