PDA

View Full Version : Is this self-harm?

joestug2
August 1st, 2015, 02:38 PM
About a month ago, I started doing this thing where I'd take a knife and press it against my skin as hard as I could. I haven't broke the surface yet but it hurts like hell and leave a sizeable mark afterwards. I'm not sure if that's actually self-harm?? But it scares me a little.

Vermilion
August 1st, 2015, 02:53 PM
I would say yes cos it's hurting you. I've done that a lot

Abhorrence
August 1st, 2015, 02:53 PM
Anything that you do to intentionally cause physical pain to yourself is considered self-harm.

xXoblivionXx
August 2nd, 2015, 11:03 AM
it is, and my advice is please try to stop before it gets any worse. I started out basically scratching/pinching. then I got to a really bad point where i had to go deeper and do more cuts or I wouldnt get the same effect- it's kind of like drugs know that i think of it.

Tesserax
August 8th, 2015, 06:30 AM
It's self harm, or at least borderline. Stop before you go any further, it becomes addictive, trust me it's bad, don't do it

Discomposure
August 10th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Absolutely. As it's been said anything to cause yourself some pain or something that is destructive to yourself is a form of self-harm. Try using an elastic band on your arm and ping it when you feel the need to take a knife to it.
As it's been said most people start out in a similar way to you. Whilst you can control it I'd advise you to find an alternative that gives you a similar feeling, something that isn't harming you.

You don't want it to get worse and now is the best time to prevent that whilst you still have control over it all.