PDA

View Full Version : Umm Idk I Just Need Help

Ummjustme
July 29th, 2015, 02:30 AM
I'm not gonna lie. I'm a cutter. I've been for 3 years I'm insanely depressed and I consider suicide constantly I stopped cutting my wrists because I'm always hot and I don't want the scars to show so I started cutting my thighs… I'm not sure what to do. I finally decided that I did wanna kill myself but I wanted to talk to my mom first and she talked me out of it but my dad overheard it and went and embarrassed me in front of the rest of my family I'm not sure what to do now I can't stop I honestly tried but I'm only getting worse.

Tesserax
July 29th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Hi, before I begin, let me first congratulate you on telling your mum. Telling others is probably the first step, because in the end it's too big for you to handle on your own, because it attacks you by making you not want to help yourself. I'm talking about the depression.

Okay, moving onto the main point, I'm not sure I can help you directly. I can't claim to give any direct advice, and I doubt others can give advice that you will actually listen to or be useful (speaking from experience), it is very rare. But don't disregard their comments, do read through and see if any of them help, because one in every few posts actually is very helpful.

Anyway, I suggest talking to me. Feel free to message me if you can, you're still a new member so you can't send private messages yet, but you can add me as a friend if you like, and we can still chat (though more publicly, if you are fine with that). I can try to help you out, and you can trust me, as I am still recovering myself. I'm getting better, but still getting some downs, and helping others helps me :)

Before I leave, if you are having trouble contacting me, then just post in my diary (the link to it is just below). Post in the Night section, I'm almost certain this belongs there, and try to tag me or something if you can, I'll do my best to respond.

Anyway, you may be new, but welcome to the family! Check out the other forums, it helps with getting your mind off the bad stuff. The VT Arcade is a good place to start, as well as the white padded room. Anyway, I should get going now, good luck, have a great day, and remember that we're all ears here in VT :)

Ummjustme
August 29th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Thanks. It actually means a lot just to see that someone replied I really figured that no one would because it wasn't any of their business…

Tesserax
August 30th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Thanks. It actually means a lot just to see that someone replied I really figured that no one would because it wasn't any of their business…

It can be said that other people's lives are not any of our business, but many people who believe this have an unshakable love for the Kardashians, the Royal Couple, and many other celebrities, yet these people live lives that are not their own, so what business is it of theirs?

Similarly, the lives of people in Africa are not any of our business, yet we go to help constantly, why?

It is a natural human action to pry into others' lives, likely because of problems suffered by people such as you, me, or even John Nash. In doing this we can find out what's wrong, and better help each other to heal, to grow, to become better. Also, I've tried to make it a habit of replying to every post I can (particularly in this section) as I know how hard it is, to have a problem that you want to fix, to try and express yourself in some way and then to have nobody respond to you. The loneliness and isolation doesn't help, and I've felt it and I don't wish it on anybody else.

Anyway, if I haven't said it before, feel free to chat to me, send me a PM or something. I live in Australia so time zones might be a problem. But I hope the best for you. Good luck on your ventures, and have a great day :)