PDA

View Full Version : I Don't See It

Interstellar
July 27th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Me and my friend are both 17, and neither one of us has ever drank. Despite us seeing this as a "good thing", other people feel the need to say shit about how it's weird and that drinking is not that big of a deal. Honestly, I feel like I can have just as good a time sober as they have while they're drunk. I don't see why people are so dependent on alcohol to have fun. Since when is becoming an alcoholic while you're still in high school such a celebrated action?

P.S. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm calling out people who choose to live a certain lifestyle, but I just want some other people's opinions on the subject and I apologize for offending anybody. All love!

Abhorrence
July 27th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I, personally, enjoy drinking when I'm out because I feel more comfortable once I'm drunk and I have a better time. However, one of my best friends never ever drinks. Nobody pressures him to even if the rest of us are and nobody really cares that he doesn't. I have nothing against people who don't drink, I think it's to each their own I guess. But, as you acknowledge, putting people down for their choices isn't good whether it's drinking or not drinking. :)

Babs
July 27th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I really enjoy drinking, but I think people who act like getting drunk is like a notch in your belt are idiots. If you choose not to drink, that's perfectlh okay. You're alwaya gonna run into people who don't know how to mind their own business, so it's best to just ignore them.

Reise
July 27th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Alcohol = party.
Jesus approved.

Broken Toy
July 27th, 2015, 07:28 PM
If im drunk then my moods change faster, and my moods can flip like nout in about 10 minutes. So if im drinking then it just means if am proper depressed its easier to be happy again.

My mind jumps around a lot, its very scattered at the best of times

Lost in the Echo
July 27th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Do whatever you like and what makes you comfortable. Some like to drink, others don't. I don't see a big deal either way ( as long as the drinking is not done in excess ). All it is is a matter of preference. Different things interest different people.
But seriously, the people giving you a hard time for not drinking are fucking stupid. All I can tell you is try ignoring them or staying away from them all together. Good on you for not giving in to peer pressure.

conniption
July 27th, 2015, 10:30 PM
People that put you down for not drinking or doing drugs are just trying to make themselves look cooler than they really are. I'm a huge smoker and drinker and I have friends that are fiercely against both, but they don't give me shit for doing what I want and I don't give them shit for doing what they want. We respect that we all do our own thing and that allows us to get along really well without feeling like the other is being judgmental.

Karkat
July 28th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Honestly, there are times when I can't be 'ok' without massive amounts of alcohol in my system.

This isn't me having a good time, this is a personality defect.

However, drinking is absolutely not for everyone, and anyone who says it is should be spat on.

ImCoolBeans
July 28th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Don't feel like you have to drink or experiment with drugs because of peer pressure -- I think this is something that nearly everybody feels at some point or another. If you aren't comfortable with it then do your thing and don't worry about what the others think. They're just caught up in high school drama/popularity BS. In the long run it's better that you don't start that young, and abstaining will keep you out of trouble.

Riley2015
July 28th, 2015, 06:21 PM
I have had alcohol with my friends a few times. It was ok but made me feel kinda sick. A few times lately i have said no to drink and they told me i was being boring lol

Fehu
August 11th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Staying sober is a good thing. If people are calling you out on it, it's probably because of their own insecurities.

Professional Russian
August 11th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Who gives a shit what you do? I mean if I'm drunk I'll offer you a shot or a beer or whatever I'm drinking but it's choice to take it or not. There was only one reason I forced someone to take a shot and that was because he invited me to the party and I had to thank him so in my drunken mind the only way to do it was give him a shot but that was a special thing only.

RazorTourniquet
September 7th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Drinking is a personal choice and no one should bring you dont because you don't want to do it. Although it may seem as if they want to make themselves look cooler than you I believe they just want to make themselves ''the norm'' in order not to feel disfunctional. Some even envy people who can loosen up without a substance. But not all, of course.

ObliviousCat
September 7th, 2015, 06:43 PM
As others have said, drinking alcohol is a personal choice and continues to grow in popularity among minors - more so in a high school setting. It's safe to say that the majority of teenagers resulting to alcohol during social events just think it's a cool thing to do, not realizing the damage it can potentially cause. Thinking that drinking alcohol is "cool" could result in them giving shit to a person who doesn't think the same thing. The same goes for everything else. There's always something that someone will like and another person will not. When there's multiple people with a different opinion on the same subject, it can and usually will result in some type of backlash from either side.
Just remember to stick to your opinion and to not let anyone change it.

Uranus
September 7th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I believe that this is all about what society does. People who drink(Not all but some) tend to think that those who dont are weird and will definitely start talking shit about you. But you don't need to drink just because people want you to. If they wanna pressure you into it, it's best to stay away from them and hang out with people who respect you and your actions.

blackwaterkeys
September 12th, 2015, 09:54 PM
I get that too. im 19 and i dont drink and people give me weird looks or some adults will make fun of me saying im not a man or grown up because i dont drink. it does get to me sometimes but logically speaking i dont see a reason to drink. there are no significant health benefits that i can't live without, and it can hurt your liver among other things. i thought about getting drunk when i was depressed, so that i could vent without restrain. but alcohol tastes yucky to me, id much rather have a refreshing smoothie.

marrisa
October 3rd, 2015, 05:56 PM
I don't drink and I don't care what anyone says or thinks.If someone wants to drink that is their business.I choose not to.

squares
October 6th, 2015, 03:26 PM
It is kinda weird since most people have drank at least once by that time. Its good that your staying sober, but to be honest, its really not that big of a deal.

SethfromMI
October 6th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Me and my friend are both 17, and neither one of us has ever drank. Despite us seeing this as a "good thing", other people feel the need to say shit about how it's weird and that drinking is not that big of a deal. Honestly, I feel like I can have just as good a time sober as they have while they're drunk. I don't see why people are so dependent on alcohol to have fun. Since when is becoming an alcoholic while you're still in high school such a celebrated action?

P.S. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm calling out people who choose to live a certain lifestyle, but I just want some other people's opinions on the subject and I apologize for offending anybody. All love!

I don't drink and don't ever plan too. I sometime get some jokes, but a lot of people know why I don't drink by now. still, never ever let someone pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. good for you, I am proud of you or sticking to your convictions