PDA

View Full Version : Hate myself

EssentialAspiration
July 27th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I hate the way I look. Sick of being fat and having no muscle it's fucking horrible. So I sit here and I google all these ideas to lose weight and tone up a bit and it's all obvious stuff just basically excercise more and eat healthy yknow. But I can't do it. I cannot fucking stop myself from eating all this shit food and it's fucking killing me. I don't know why I do this to myself but I fucking hate it. I hate the way I look and I hate the fact that I'm the only person who can change it but I just don't fucking do it and I don't know how to fucking deal with this. I fucking hate my life

justkeepswimming
July 27th, 2015, 05:44 PM
i can bet that our not even fat and even if you are the word fat does not have to be an insult if you dont think you can put the effort in to exercise then put the effort in to love yourself there is nothing wrong with you and you just gotta try and see that (:

Musichead2428
July 29th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Look I'm a guy that's been called fat All my life from my dad my mom my sisters and some family and I took action from it and I know it hurts a lot to hear people just call you the worst word anyone can call you on the planet and trust me it's not fun at all I weight almost between 235-245 but I'm super tall so it evens out just I'm telling Don't give people the time of day on there insults and do what you want to do! YOU DO YOU! Know if you want to do it at all just takes that one moment where you tell yourself I'm Ready !

blackwaterkeys
July 31st, 2015, 11:11 AM
you don't have to conform to society's standards of beauty. I know people say this all the time and it gets worn out after awhile but I really do mean it when I say that every person has beauty and I believe that you do too. there's no need to look like a model, everyone has a certain charm that is unique to them. the guys in the magazines all look the same anyway :) of course it's nice to have muscles, I want muscles too, but you don't have to beat yourself up just because you don't have them. find something that you like to do, just move around a little bit, get some exercise. make health the focus, not appearance, and you'll be a lot happier.

I know what it's like to feel depressed and binge eat. I did that a lot in high school because I was so stressed out and I did not know where I was going in life at all. I wanted to return to middle school where things were much simpler. So all I did was watch sitcoms that I used to watch in middle school on youtube and eat whatever I could find in the fridge. needless to say I gained quite a bit of weight. I was pretty fit in middle school too because I played sports then. it was pretty demoralising to see all the flab that hugged my frame in the mirror.

Getting back up on my feet was hard. Long story short, I took my dog out for walks and biked for long distances by a river near my home. Will doing that give you big muscles? No. You need the gym for that, but it felt sooo good to get fresh air and to just move around and sweat a little. I could still feel my fat wobbling as I cycled, but y'know what, it didn't really matter. I felt good, and I wasn't so depressed anymore.

Chin up buddy, you're better than you think you are.

Abhorrence
July 31st, 2015, 12:29 PM
Trust me, I really understand that feel. I'm not fat, in fact I'm quite skinny but I've been made fun of for being "a twig" among other names which obviously is not the body image a male wants in this world. I've Googled countless ways to change it and I eat a lot but for some reason I don't gain weight at all. I know I could exercise but there's something in my head that's just like "What's the fucking point?" so in a way I don't give a fuck about it but then it also makes me feel really bad also.

I'd love to give you the advice to just fuck what everyone thinks and stop caring if you don't have a perfect body but I know that that will not help at all. My advice is to set a plan, a daily routine. Having plans in my head or written down really help me from being lazy. If you like plan down what sorts of exercise you can do everyday then you can sort the amount of reps and everything also. With eating, you can ask your parents or carers to help you eat less and eat healthier if that is your issue. Before you go through with most of this though, you should see a doctor to confirm a healthy diet plan so you don't accidentally eat too little and end up hurting yourself. Also, seeing a therapist for these sorts of thoughts can help because sometimes fixing the problem that seems the most hurtful may not solve your feelings.

Blue02
August 8th, 2015, 11:21 AM
I can relate to this far too well. I'm what society views as overweight or rather fat, and I've been told so from a doctor (paediatrician(?) or something) so I know exactly how you feel. I was really skinny at one point, then life screwed me over so I ate, and ate. I've been tormented for it my entire life and mocked, lowering my self confidence. When ever I do Physical activities, I get self conscious of the sporty people laughing at my ineptness, then feel patronised if I do anything. I tell myself that once I've finished with exams, I'll lose weight. I lost some naturally as I grew height but am still fat. My point is I could tell you what the internet has told you and make you change everything. But I know it doesn't always work, I go into a bad cycle because of it, which I don't want to go into, but any loss is an achievement. I tell myself I'll do it tomorrow or when I have less stress, which I intend to do, yet living with the torment and knowing that your not how you want to be, it's not easy. So set little targets and try little things, then slowly increase. You can do what you want to do. So if you have to, set little milestones. Don't cut everything you'd usually do, as temptation will pull you back and it will get worse. I'd suggest try doing little things 5 days a week, then treat yourself on the 7th, leaving the sixth up to you. This won't be easy, and I've learnt people here will be here to support you, so never think you have to do this alone, as that too makes it harder.

I'm sorry for going on, but I hope this helps a little bit, whether it inspires you or makes you realise something. =D

TylerK
August 9th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Listen many of the nicest most lovable people I know are bigger people, I'd never use the word Fat, negative connotation and it singles out that one group of people. I used to be heavy but I turned into a fitness freak for a while when I played baseball I lot. Now I just play games, debate politics (ugh I know...), and draw from time to time. Anyway, back to you, don't hate yourself for your body, just be the nicest person you can be. If you don't want to exercise, don't make yourself do it, and don't torture yourself every day by making yourself eat healthy and bad-tasting food. (I personally love raw green beans, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, apples, spinach, beets, etc.). But I'm never going to force myself to eat something I don't like.

Karkat
August 10th, 2015, 12:40 AM
I'm a fatass with major food problems as well, but you can't let your fat define who you are

You are not your fat

It's easy to feel depressed when you think you look like shit- I feel it. I know what it's like to be a walking reminder of why you have no confidence. But let me ask you a question- who has done anything worthy of love based on looks alone? No one. It's what you do with yourself, and your potential to change others, or even just yourself- that's what matters.

Anyways, it's hard to accept yourself. It's not gonna happen overnight. The important thing is to never give up on yourself- you deserve to give yourself a chance.