PDA

View Full Version : Scarred for life - Stalked for a year..

BallIsLife
July 27th, 2015, 04:01 AM
So, I was dating this girl my freshman year of high school. We were so madly in love, nobody could tell us anything, we were going to be together forever, or so I thought. Everything was going great, until I started noticing some extremely abnormal and alarming things occurring...

She started getting really clingy; and before you go and call me a jerk, she was REALLY REALLY CLINGY. She would show up without calling to my house in the dead of night, climb up our little wall decorations and knock on my window, which is on the second floor of my house. She would also threaten other girls who talked to me, telling them that I was hers, and hers only. If those two things weren't creepy enough, she constantly told me that only she could love me, that nobody else could but her.

So, the feelings between us go from carefree and euphoric to tense and awkward in a matter of days. I'm trying my best to act like what she'd been doing was okay, but I knew that it wasn't. In the back of my mind, I knew that I had to put an end to these things she was doing. Just had to find out how I would approach it all..

Friday afternoon comes, I'm getting some books out of my locker to take home for the weekend, and the campus is relatively empty. A majority of the students went home, or went to go hang out since it was Friday. I stayed behind with my geometry teacher for some tutoring. Anyways, I close my locker, turn around to walk away, and she's right there inches away from me. I jumped, asking her how long she'd been there, and she just giggled and said that's not important. She asked me if I wanted to come over to hang out at her house later that night. At this point, she was creeping me out more than anything, so I said I had to do some homework and I couldn't make it...

Over the course of the school year, I worked up the courage to tell her that it was over, that I couldn't handle being her property.

We're sitting outside of my house on a bench, I told her that we needed to talk. I told her that we shouldn't be together anymore, listed some of the things that she did before which led me to make that decision. Her reaction is a huge part of what haunts me today, almost 4 years later. Her smile turned into a straight face, and her eyes went blank. She said "okay", got up, and walked away.

Everything was nice for the next week or so, I was hanging out with old friends, my grades went up, I was feeling free again! Then I went to my locker during lunch to find a note with some familiar handwriting on it. "This is all your fault", the note read... I thought nothing of it, she's just mad for a little while, she'll get over it, right?

Wrong.

Little subtle things like notes turned into tagging, things being rearranged in my garage, pictures of us together appearing in random places, and almost hourly texts from her number, saying that she wished it didn't have to end like this.

I deleted all of my social media, went ghost for almost 3 months, only leaving my house to go to school or hang with close friends. My friends were telling me that I looked really shifty, like I saw a ghost or something.

I'm out eating at a local In & Out burger place downtown, had to get away and think over a nice fatty burger... I'm eating, looking out the window, it's getting darker outside. I look outside once again and I swear out of the corner of my eye that I see her standing at a red light directly across from me, staring at me.

I blink a few times, looked down at my food, feeling like throwing up. I glanced out the window once again to be sure, and she was gone.

At this point, she'd taken control of me in a way, making me so seclusive, making me scared to socialize with others. Not anymore, I got back on social media, got my phone back and activated, started doing everything in my power to ignore her.

A few days later, I'm relaxing, laying in my bed... just listening to music from my phone. Bzzzt. Bzzzzt. I get a message, unknown number... what could it be? I open the message, and there's a picture attached. I open it up, and I see a picture of my bedroom, of me laying on my bed listening to music, and I'm even wearing the same clothes that I had on-

I made the biggest mistake ever the next day at school. I found her, pulled her aside, and I told her angrily to leave me the hell alone, that I'm tired of her messing with me. She laughed like it was all a game, and walked away without saying a word.

I told my principal about this, showed her some of the pictures, some of the notes... she was shocked. She told me to contact police, or go to court and get a restraining order on her.

I'm walking out of the principal's office, and there she is propped against the wall across from the door. I just took off, running home. I entered my house, locked the door, and sat there against the door just panicking.

The very next day, I walked down to the courthouse in town.

Days later, after showing some officers evidence of me being stalked by her, I manage to file a juvenile restraining order on her, she couldn't be within a certain amount of feet of me.

YES!

No more notes, no more texts, nothing. I was free, physically....

More stuff happened, but thinking about it triggers some stuff still.

Anyways, to this day I still fear some girls, even mildly clingy ones...I don't like being followed at all.. she kind of took some of my relaxed nature away from me...

hazelteen
July 29th, 2015, 03:13 PM
well done. You did the right thing going to your head and in pleased for you. Don't be afraid. DEFINATLY not all girls are like this !!

Broken Toy
July 29th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Ok im going to go all motivational here, because i want to help you get rid of your triggers.

This girl right, she sounds like a total psycho dick, so are you really going to let her keep control of your life? Youre better than that, you dont have to let her have this grip, tell yourself that. Youre away from her, leave everything with her in the past where it belongs. She cant hold you back. I believe in you jordan ��

StoppingTom
July 30th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Holy crap, first off, I'm sorry you had to deal with this because that is some psycho horror movie stuff. Second, I think you handled it as well as you possibly could have, and I'd think that restraining order/evidence of what she did probably clued her parents into getting her some kind of psychological help. Have you considered just speaking to someone about how this still affects you? It could possibly help.