PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take for the cut to heal?

Coolguy13
July 23rd, 2015, 04:05 PM
Hi i cut for the first time last night and i instantly regret it. the cuts are red and i just want them to go away, i didnt cut deep or anything, it is a tiny bit deeper then when you cut yourself on a thorn bush, will they go away?

Abhorrence
July 23rd, 2015, 04:39 PM
If they are as you described then I doubt they will scar so they will go away in maybe a week or so.

Desuetude
July 23rd, 2015, 08:38 PM
It honestly depends on your body. I have cuts that seem to be as you described from 3 years ago that only bled a little, scabbed and scarred after a week or two but I still have faint scars now. You'll just have to see what your body does as to what scar it'll leave. Also it depends on where abouts on you the cut is, in some places the scars are raised and others they're flat. I don't know that might just be me.

Give it a couple weeks and they should start to heal quicker if you don't pick at the scabs.

Coolguy13
July 24th, 2015, 04:33 AM
If they are as you described then I doubt they will scar so they will go away in maybe a week or so.

they didnt bleed at all so will they go awaay?

Abhorrence
July 24th, 2015, 05:24 AM
they didnt bleed at all so will they go awaay?
Definitely. Unless you scar extremely easily they will not stay.

Coolguy13
July 24th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Definitely. Unless you scar extremely easily they will not stay.

thanks, i dont think i scar easily

Fiction
July 27th, 2015, 05:18 AM
Yeah it totally depends on your body, when I first started cutting it was like that and mine did scar, but I have a connective tissue disorder which means I scar stupidly easily!

But just remember if you ever feel like cutting again, how much you regretted this, and how worried you where about scarring, because if you carry on, after a while you will end up cutting deep enough to scar, and it's just not worth it.

Doc. Maestro
July 27th, 2015, 07:59 AM
For me, I started out cutting like that. Before I continue, DON'T DO IT ANYMORE! I know it can feel good, but fight the urge, resist the temptation, because it becomes an addiction and it's hard to stop it.

Anyway, they will heal in maybe the normal time, a week or so. Don't fret, just explain that you scraped your arm somewhere or something, but no matter what you do, DO NOT REPEAT THE ACTION!

Good luck, and have a good day :)