PDA

View Full Version : People are IGNORANT about what is healthy

hazelteen
July 23rd, 2015, 04:53 AM
I am recovering/recovered from anorexia and I get really mad when people use phases or sentences such as:

Im being healthy and eating an apple instead of cake
No thanks, I won't have a chocolate, I'm trying to be GOOD
Oh yeah, I have no TIME for breakfast.
I won't get pizza/fish and chips/McDonald's because that's unhealthy
I'm going to be healthy and order SALAD

IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ANOREXIA OR ANY OTHER KIND OF EATING DISORDER, KNOW THAT THESE PHRASES ARE MISLEADING AND PEOPLE THAT SAY THIS KIND OF STUFF ARE IGRNOANT TO WHAT IS HALTHY.

The definition of healthy eating is:

eating the right amount of food for your body IN THE RIGHT QUANTITIES (this differs from person to person)

Eating the right portion of FATS and SUGARS isn't just for "OK for a special treat", it is REQUIRED to keep your body functioning! Therefore eating High fat and high sugar foods in the right quantities (obviously not loads but in proportion to everything else) is VITAL!!!!

A "salad" is NOT healthy OR unhealthy.
For example, if you never had any food high in fat or sugar, then you would have an UNBALANCED OR UNHEALTHY diet.
Equally if you only had high fat or high sugar foods, that would be unhealthy as well!
It's all about the balance.

please do not be ignorant in this way.

Does anybody else agree with me with the way that people talk really can have an impact on people's decisions regarding food?

Uniquemind
July 23rd, 2015, 03:51 PM
I am recovering/recovered from anorexia and I get really mad when people use phases or sentences such as:

IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ANOREXIA OR ANY OTHER KIND OF EATING DISORDER, KNOW THAT THESE PHRASES ARE MISLEADING AND PEOPLE THAT SAY THIS KIND OF STUFF ARE IGRNOANT TO WHAT IS HALTHY.

eating the right amount of food for your body IN THE RIGHT QUANTITIES (this differs from person to person)

Eating the right portion of FATS and SUGARS isn't just for "OK for a special treat", it is REQUIRED to keep your body functioning! Therefore eating High fat and high sugar foods in the right quantities (obviously not loads but in proportion to everything else) is VITAL!!!!

For example, if you never had any food high in fat or sugar, then you would have an UNBALANCED OR UNHEALTHY diet.
Equally if you only had high fat or high sugar foods, that would be unhealthy as well!

Does anybody else agree with me with the way that people talk really can have an impact on people's decisions regarding food?

So basically make your diet focused on obtaining nutrients at a steady regular pace daily, rather than based on a calorie count.

Exercise regularly in a safe way with reduced impact on joints or risk of concussion.

---

I wonder if a change in emphasis in dietary understanding will help curb the development of mental eating disorders.

The paradigm of popular health culture is that high calories and fat is bad, and then they're afraid to eat.

hazelteen
July 24th, 2015, 11:32 AM
So basically make your diet focused on obtaining nutrients at a steady regular pace daily, rather than based on a calorie count.

Exercise regularly in a safe way with reduced impact on joints or risk of concussion.

---

I wonder if a change in emphasis in dietary understanding will help curb the development of mental eating disorders.

The paradigm of popular health culture is that high calories and fat is bad, and then they're afraid to eat.

yes, exactly!

CuteGuy889
July 25th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Balanced diet DO involve fats and sugars too..see:
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/Healthyeating.aspx

Yes..from the tym I was a kid my body decided to burn off all calories with a high metablism...But at 14 my body decided to slow down and store some of it as fat...devastating me and making me almost anorexic...Yes..dieting helped me to remain skinny for half a year...BUT when I started eating normal it all came back...I went up 20+kiilos in 2years..
That did not deter me
I eat like a normal teen now. That involves fast food!
Proud of my body...Dont mind dipping in a pool in a pair of skimpy undies.
My GF LOVES my body...

Yes the world says "aren't u the skinny kid who used to run aroud like a mouse ?" well, yes I was but now I'm not a kid and not skinny any more...
"WIll I get actually fat?" yeah probably..Its in my genes.....and I will go to college next year and u all know what will happen....that will not prevent me from enjoying a life and having a balanced diet..
"Don't u exercise ?" I do ...the heart I'm born with can take only brisk walking and I was never sporty but a bookish type..I do give priority to my studies...

Well thats me..and thats what is known as INDIVIDUALITY.

KingExplosionMurder
July 26th, 2015, 08:22 AM

I agree. People I know did have anorexia before because of stuff people said about his body or something else. I do agree with what you said too, never knew that lol