PDA

View Full Version : Welp, I fucked up

Karkat
July 22nd, 2015, 01:33 PM
I'm now legitimately a smoker
I have developed a physical addiction to cigarettes as well as a psychological one.
We all knew this would happen but eh I thought I could avoid it somehow and well

Stupid Ren is stupid.

So I've been sick, and bitchy, and craving a smoke constantly.

Every time I get stressed out I just neeeeeeeeeeeeed a smoke.

Has anyone else gone through nicotine withdrawal?

Care to... Help?

phuckphace
July 22nd, 2015, 01:37 PM
e-cig, m'lady. I can give you some recommendations if interested

Broken Toy
July 22nd, 2015, 04:14 PM
Quit smoking, smokers always say it doesnt affect their health, but you will really feel the difference when you do. Its bad shit, especially snidy fags.

If you do try quit smoking, do a lot of exercise. If youre hot and sweaty your body will actually sweat out the nicotine faster and it will help, id say about 3 days exercise should drain you of most of the nicotine, then you have yhe physical part conquered. The psychological part is up to you to find a healthy alternative

xXl0sth0peXx
July 24th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Sounds like me. Told myself it was a one time deal, and wham. Now it's like always and forever. One of the guys I work with tries like the patches and gum and shit, and he had good results, so maybe give them a try? When I wanted to stop for a bit back a few months ago, I threw out all the cigarettes I had, and refused to buy more. I was awful for those days. Craving, annoyed, bitchy.. But it does get easier if you cross over the first hump. You gotta find what works for you. Not everyone can just go cold turkey. But for me, it was all or nothing. There's no weaning myself off, it's I smoke or I don't..

Vaping will just be one more thing for you to get addicted to, I don't recommend it. But if you think it's better than the alternatives and view it worth it, all the power to you. You gotta find what works for you.

Karkat
July 25th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I honestly feel like I've hit my calm, I wasn't smoking that much towards the end.
I'm just going to have to learn to handle stress better in the future.

Broken Toy
July 25th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Nice one kidaaaa. Stress normally pushes us towards the unhealthy for whatever reason. I would suggest boxing, like it is so good as a release of stress to express it through violence

KingExplosionMurder
July 25th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Whoa uhh idk what to say to help you out of that but I guess you'll have to get out of it yourself. Smoking is really really REALLY bad and I hope you know that and get out of it soon

Stronk Serb
July 26th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Switch to e-cig and forget about it. I am already addicted so it sucks, but stop as fast as possible. Nicotine withdrawal can take up to 3 days or maybe more, depends how long you were smoking, but to flush the tar and other stuff out of your lungs takes a few years.