PDA

View Full Version : My First Home Cooked Pizza

Dune
July 21st, 2015, 09:46 PM
I often get the urge to stuff my face withgooey, oily (big booty) pizza. But this time around, I decided it was time to make my own. New York Style.

Actually, I don't know if it turned out like New York Style, but the recipe I made was really delicious. The plan was to originally make a cheese pizza as I don't really like anything with pepperoni unless it's Donatos. I've really never had anything outside of those two toppings, except the occasional vegatarian pizza. Then, I changed my mind after watching this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io0aNQE8En8) video. I decided to make Hawaiian Pizza. I don't think I need to explain myself.

The ingredients I used for the dough:

x2 1/4 Yeast Packets
1 cup of COLD water
3 1/2 cups all purpose or white Flour
1 1/2 tbsp salt
1 tsp white sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 Large egg ( I used brown for this recipe)

(NOTE: Sugar and oil are not necessary, but certainly add flavor to the dough. Also, sugar can be substituted for brown sugar.)
Here are the instructions for making the dough:

1. Pour two packets of 1/4 cup Yeast into a bowl. (DO THIS BEFORE ADDING IN THE WATER TO SHOCK THE YEAST)
2. Pour 1/2-1 cup of water into the yeast. Stir until the yeast is dissolved.
3. Add two cups of flower (The third cup will be added later.)
4. Empty a large egg into the mix.
5. measure and empty 1 tsp of sugar.
6. measure and empty 1 1/2 table spoons of salt.
7. Stir the mix with 7 minutes until the dough has formed.
8. Add the third cup of flour to the mix during stirring.
9. After dough has formed, add 1/2 water if you originally only did 1/2 earlier.
10. Stir until water is gone.
11. Add two tablesoons of olive oil. play with the dough to get it gooey and stuff.
12. Weigh your dough. 20 oz. should be enough for a 16" pizza.
13. Store dough in a refrigerated environment for 24-72 hours for better results. However, I only did 16 hours, which should be fine.

Now that you have waited for the dough to settle or whatever it is that it does in the fridge, take it out and flour it up. afterwards, flatten it on whatever cooking surface you are using in the shape of a pizza. You can use a flat round pan or pizza stone. Pizza stones are preferred, as they soak up moisture, but are rather expensive. Alternatively, you can use UNGLAZED tiles from a home improvement store, which only costs like $5 compared to $40 for a pizza stone.

For the Hawaiian pizza, we used Kroger brand grated mozzarella, canned pineapples, and lunch meat Canadian bacon, so you can get away with affordable ingredients and still have a delicious dinner. For the sauce, we used Pastarelli Pizza Sauce, which is also yummy for the price. We also through in some spices before we put the other ingredients on.

Apply sauce, pineapple chunks, sauce, cheese and cut-bacon liberally. Make it as meaty or fruity as you'd like. Keep in mind the smaller the pizza the more gooey and cheesy will be if you're into that .Put it in the oven between 450-500 degrees for 15 minutes. Make sure to really check on it often because it's very easy to burn a homemade pizza. I learned that the hard way..

Voila! Here is the final product! (Sorry about the cam quality, still trying to adjust the settings)

http://i62.tinypic.com/e5r9cy.jpg

Thoughts: Hawaiian pizza is my favorite now. Hawaiian pizza is my favorite now. Hawaiian pizza is my favorite now. Hawaiian pizza is my favorite now.

Let Me Be a Pony
July 22nd, 2015, 07:30 AM
Dat pizza covered in dat cheese. Da cheese be invading her body from the outside in. :>
Don't forget da sauce. A pizza without its sexy sauces ain't gonna taste as good. :C

Good job on dat. :> I know how time consuming it can be for the first time to make a pizza, but it's worth it in the end.

Hudor
July 22nd, 2015, 09:36 AM
Wow that looks pretty appetizing. Great job! :D
And now I've got an intense craving for pizzas. Oh well.

James Dean
July 23rd, 2015, 01:55 AM
Nice job, making your own pizza is fun.

Uranus
July 24th, 2015, 09:03 AM
That looks delicious!

azure moonstone
July 24th, 2015, 09:28 AM
I've never made my own pizza (I don't really think that English muffin pizzas count lol), but it looks like a lot of fun. I know how rewarding it feels for something to turn out well and enjoy eating it :) looks like you did a great job - congrats!

NudistKid
July 24th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Nice job it looks really tasty

Microcosm
July 24th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Mmmm!

That's actually pretty rad though. I'd have a hard time making anything like that(mainly because of inexperience).

Good job!

KeeganW
July 25th, 2015, 08:53 AM
That looks good!

Brit4love
April 7th, 2016, 03:33 PM
I love homemade pizza

azure moonstone
April 7th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I love homemade pizza

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: