PDA

View Full Version : What can you accept s a compliment

Zimmy
July 20th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Recently, I was wearing a tanktop that let showed a bit a vleavage, even though I<m very small there, a guy told me I had cute breasts, to my surprise I did not felt angry but pleased and a bit excited.

What would make you angry as a compliment and what a guy can reach as a level of compliment without making you angry?

Taryn98
July 20th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Why would I ever be angry if someone is complimenting me?

Renata_cmp
July 20th, 2015, 05:20 PM
depends of the tone, the attitude and how much you know the person. If the guy that said that was a complete stranger and said it with drool on his mouth and a hand in his pants i would run away, if thats a friend or something and say it in a friendly/joke-ish way its a bit different, but theres a very thin line between "compliment" and "sexual harassment".

Otherwise i can spot instantly when a guy is giving me compliments because he wants something from me (typical 'i praise you till the end so you will end up loving me right?") and someone that gives a compliment because they are nice people.

Daniella98
July 21st, 2015, 02:38 AM
I cant get angry at a guy trying to give me a compliment.
Yes guys can be very clumsy doing so and their choice of words can be inappropriate too, but isnt that just cute?
Maybe he gathered a lot of nerve to give that compliment, so I feel bad for the guys who gets yelled at for it.

LITTLEANGEL16
July 21st, 2015, 11:14 AM
It would very much depend on who is giving the compliment, some are wanted but some are DEFINITELY NOT.

SooperDooper
July 21st, 2015, 12:30 PM
It would very much depend on who is giving the compliment, some are wanted but some are DEFINITELY NOT.

This! If some guy my dad's age told me I had nice boobs, I'd be really creeped out. But if it was a boy my own age, probably not. Well maybe, if he just kept staring at them or was drooling.

Kirina
July 21st, 2015, 04:17 PM
Don't mind anything anyone says. All it proves is that they want me, but they can't get me. More power to me.

biancachica
July 21st, 2015, 07:22 PM
I guess it depends who is complementing me and in what context. If I'm wearing something that puts them on display then I wouldnt mind getting the compliment and I would probably have to know the person too.

neledisapersonne
July 22nd, 2015, 01:38 AM
It all depends on the attitude, the most obscene thing said with the right choice of words can be making you happy, rather than disturbing you

Laibachd
July 23rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
It all depends on the attitude, the most obscene thing said with the right choice of words can be making you happy, rather than disturbing you

True!

I can accept any compliment under the right circumstances

Zimmy
July 23rd, 2015, 09:13 PM
So I am normal not to be offended but pleased ?

flowerchild
July 24th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I find it flattering if the guy isnt like 3 times my age and says it in a not so vulgar way

Deleted User
July 26th, 2015, 06:50 PM
The only person in charge of what makes you comfortable is you. If it didn't bother you, then it didn't bother you. If you liked the compliment, great! Some girls don't feel comfortable with it and yes, it has a lot to do with tone and intention.

Honestly, I've had friends come up and tell me "woah, you're really rocking the cleavage tonight" or "you have a great ass" and because they're friends, it's funny. And I'm a bit flat-chested so the cleavage comments make me laugh and hey, I know I have a nice butt. So yeah, it's a compliment from friends. Now if anyone else were to say those things to me... it probably would depend on my mood, how they said it, and how they were acting. There's nothing wrong with complimenting someone as long as their intentions are sincere. They wanna appreciate the view? Go ahead, you're not weird if you don't mind.

If they look or sound like they're being predatory, or repeatedly keep doing so in a harassing manner, or do so when you ask them not to, that's when it becomes a problem.

Also, sometimes circumstances come into play too. If you're in the middle of a classroom or something, it's probably inappropriate to bring up in that environment. I'm 20 and hang out in bars with friends. The odds of NOT getting hit on are pretty slim. In that situation, I know it's going to happen so I'm less likely to feel uncomfortable than if it were a peer or a coworker at an unexpected time.

Basically, just go with your gut. If you think it's okay, it's generally okay unless someone else notices something you don't.

BethMitchell
August 10th, 2015, 05:14 PM
I guess it depends who is complementing me and in what context. If I'm wearing something that puts them on display then I wouldnt mind getting the compliment and I would probably have to know the person too.

I agree with Bianca. Sometimes I purposely wear tops that accentuate and show off the girls so it would be kinda' weird for me not to expect guys would notice. If a guy were to nicely compliment me without being rude, I wouldn't be offended but, if I guy were to continue staring and say something rude, I'd be pissed.

Hase
August 11th, 2015, 04:11 PM

Yes, I agree

maggs
August 11th, 2015, 07:34 PM
To me, depends who says it, where, and how. I usually like most compliments =)

THJKIGB
August 12th, 2015, 11:37 AM
If the guy makes the compliment in a nice tone than I guess it would be fine. The only thing that would be rude no matter what is if a guy made a compliment about my vagina. For example saying I have a nice gap between my legs.

AutumnWinds
August 26th, 2015, 07:13 AM
this is exactly how i feel, just way better worded. but in short there is nothing wrong with enjoying the compliment.

The only person in charge of what makes you comfortable is you. If it didn't bother you, then it didn't bother you. If you liked the compliment, great! Some girls don't feel comfortable with it and yes, it has a lot to do with tone and intention.

Honestly, I've had friends come up and tell me "woah, you're really rocking the cleavage tonight" or "you have a great ass" and because they're friends, it's funny. And I'm a bit flat-chested so the cleavage comments make me laugh and hey, I know I have a nice butt. So yeah, it's a compliment from friends. Now if anyone else were to say those things to me... it probably would depend on my mood, how they said it, and how they were acting. There's nothing wrong with complimenting someone as long as their intentions are sincere. They wanna appreciate the view? Go ahead, you're not weird if you don't mind.

If they look or sound like they're being predatory, or repeatedly keep doing so in a harassing manner, or do so when you ask them not to, that's when it becomes a problem.

Also, sometimes circumstances come into play too. If you're in the middle of a classroom or something, it's probably inappropriate to bring up in that environment. I'm 20 and hang out in bars with friends. The odds of NOT getting hit on are pretty slim. In that situation, I know it's going to happen so I'm less likely to feel uncomfortable than if it were a peer or a coworker at an unexpected time.

Basically, just go with your gut. If you think it's okay, it's generally okay unless someone else notices something you don't.

KellyNC
August 30th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Like anything context is important. Where are we? What am I wearing? How old is he? Is it obnoxious? The situation you described wouldn't bother me and might even feel kind of nice. However being told "nice tits" while I'm wearing a jacket by an old man sounds like it would be a bit objectifying and crude.

Spoopy
September 2nd, 2015, 05:47 AM
While what he said was a bit... Straight forward, i found it slightly offensive that that's all he noticed about you. He could've at least said you had a cool shirt first.

jennyem
September 5th, 2015, 08:11 AM
I'd take it as a compliment! :)

kentucky girl
September 5th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I accept any compliment as just that a compliment. I wear certain things to be noticed so if nobody gives me a compliment then I'm disappointed

AlwaysAlice
September 8th, 2015, 03:26 PM
i dont wear anything that shows but if a boy does say something i wont think anything either way and will only freak if he touches them

clairey
September 9th, 2015, 03:08 AM
As long as it's done respectfully I'd be ok with it but if it's in the wrong time or place or comes from the wrong person I would be very uncomfortable/embarrassed.