PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problems

bruzer
July 20th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I have problems sleeping at night,the earliest I've slept since school is not earlier than 3 I don't know why.I try to get in bed as early as 12 but but I just stare on the ceiling while I toss and turn and the hours pass until its already 3.On Tuesday I did not sleep at all through out the night.Has anyone had this issues or can suggest anything

hazelteen
July 20th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Hi Brian,
Um, if your having REAL problems which it sounds like you, definitely see a doctor but these are some things I do when I can't sleep and they might help...

My BEST tip is this: try an eye mask. I think that this would really work for you if you keep your eyes open ie) staring at ceiling. It encourages you to keep your eyes shut. Bright lights should be turned off as well because the body is programmed to be awake at day and asleep at night. To your body light=day.

Also don't use electric screens or devices before sleep for same reasons above.

Try a relaxing bath or a glass of hot milk ( this might not help though if you are already relaxed)

Lavender has sleeping properties so I often put it under my pillow before going off to sleep.

Reading... The obvious.

A really handy one as well is ensuring that you get plenty of excersise everyday so that your body is in a restful state when it's time to snooze.

Having a good structure to your day may also be a good tip. Where I live, we are just going into summer holidays and as crazy as it may seem, waking up at the same time each morning owned going to bed at the same time each night really makes a difference. Structure like school can actually help so try to plan stuff for your day or set times.
I thinks that's about it.

If all else fails, see a doctor or just see one anyway cuz it sounds like you are having real difficulty

Hope this helps,
Hazel

SethfromMI
July 20th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Hi Brian,
Um, if your having REAL problems which it sounds like you, definitely see a doctor but these are some things I do when I can't sleep and they might help...

My BEST tip is this: try an eye mask. I think that this would really work for you if you keep your eyes open ie) staring at ceiling. It encourages you to keep your eyes shut. Bright lights should be turned off as well because the body is programmed to be awake at day and asleep at night. To your body light=day.

Also don't use electric screens or devices before sleep for same reasons above.

Try a relaxing bath or a glass of hot milk ( this might not help though if you are already relaxed)

Lavender has sleeping properties so I often put it under my pillow before going off to sleep.

Reading... The obvious.

A really handy one as well is ensuring that you get plenty of excersise everyday so that your body is in a restful state when it's time to snooze.

Having a good structure to your day may also be a good tip. Where I live, we are just going into summer holidays and as crazy as it may seem, waking up at the same time each morning owned going to bed at the same time each night really makes a difference. Structure like school can actually help so try to plan stuff for your day or set times.
I thinks that's about it.

If all else fails, see a doctor or just see one anyway cuz it sounds like you are having real difficulty

Hope this helps,
Hazel

In addition to this great advice, I would say if you are in bed and can't sleep get up. read or do something for a little while and then try going to sleep again

bruzer
July 21st, 2015, 02:34 PM
Thank-you bro