PDA

View Full Version : My Mates Want Me To Buy Alcohol

Riley2015
July 20th, 2015, 04:48 AM
So i break up from school for the summer on wednesday (but i'm grounded for the summer so won't be having any fun :( ) and one of my mates wants all the boys in my circle of friends to bring in beers so we can drink at the back of the field to ''celebrate'' He wants us to bring in 4 cans each.We know somewhere where the shop keeper serves underage with alcohol and cigs and doesn't care.

I'm really reluctant and scared to do this. My dad will go totally crazy at me if he finds out. I'm already in trouble and grounded. I've had alcohol a few times before and he never found out but i know he'd skin me alive for it if he did.

What can i do? I don't want to upset my friends and fall out. But i'm kinda annoyed with them too. They know my dad is strict and that i'm grounded already but they pressure me to do something that could get me in even more trouble

What would you do?

Olly2001
July 20th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Just explain to your mates that your grounded and that your dad won't let you out. Tell them that if you go home pissed he will find out and you'll be in more trouble. I'm sure your mates will understand

Let Me Be a Pony
July 20th, 2015, 05:57 AM
So i break up from school for the summer on wednesday (but i'm grounded for the summer so won't be having any fun :( ) and one of my mates wants all the boys in my circle of friends to bring in beers so we can drink at the back of the field to ''celebrate'' He wants us to bring in 4 cans each.We know somewhere where the shop keeper serves underage with alcohol and cigs and doesn't care.

I'm really reluctant and scared to do this. My dad will go totally crazy at me if he finds out. I'm already in trouble and grounded. I've had alcohol a few times before and he never found out but i know he'd skin me alive for it if he did.

What can i do? I don't want to upset my friends and fall out. But i'm kinda annoyed with them too. They know my dad is strict and that i'm grounded already but they pressure me to do something that could get me in even more trouble

What would you do?

It's not what we would do, it's what you want to do.
If you don't want to risk it, then tell your friends your final decision.
If you do want to risk, you got to have a plan thought of, "how near will you guys celebrate to your parents?" "Will there be a chance of other parents seeing you there, which might report to your elders?", etc.
Think of the risks, if you think the odds are small for your parents to find out, then why not?
Again, think it through carefully.

Bull
July 20th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Riley, you know what you should do. Tell your "friends" that you will not be a part of their party. You are 13, you have a strict dad, you are already in trouble: it is not worth the possible negative outcome.

Abhorrence
July 20th, 2015, 06:55 AM
I would definitely not do it, succumbing to peer pressure isn't a good thing to do no matter how hard it is. Also, you are thirteen. Like, you don't need to be drinking at all.

SethfromMI
July 20th, 2015, 08:23 AM
There are so many reasons why you should not be doing this and they been mentioned. You are just 13. you should not give in to peer pressure. your strict dad would go ballistic if he found out. just don't do it

Body odah Man
July 20th, 2015, 04:50 PM

What would you do?

Tell your mates about the situation you're in. If they're really your mates they'll understand and will let you off the hook. If not, you're better off without them. Either way though, it's FAR too risky

Meh Guy
July 20th, 2015, 05:56 PM

What would you do?

I would definitely not do it, succumbing to peer pressure isn't a good thing to do no matter how hard it is. Also, you are thirteen. Like, you don't need to be drinking at all.

Up to you but I'd go with what Jack advised and just don't risk the trouble.

Broken Toy
July 21st, 2015, 10:31 AM
I would tell them that i dont fancy it, unless theyre tossers they should be fine with that

Stronk Serb
July 22nd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Fuck 'em. They're too young to drink. I mean four cans... you will be barfing before the third.

Riley2015
July 22nd, 2015, 11:14 AM
I didn't do it. They told me i was being boring and being ''gay'' and left it at that :rolleyes:

Human
July 22nd, 2015, 08:45 PM
I didn't do it. They told me i was being boring and being ''gay'' and left it at that :rolleyes:

You're only 13, insults like that are thrown around a lot, don't feel too bad, drinking isn't that great and I'm sure you can still go along with them in the future even if you're not drinking yourself

Stronk Serb
July 25th, 2015, 05:10 AM

Better leave it at that. Because your stomachs are pretty weak, you'd be throwing your guts out before the third can if you'd drink it up like juice which some of them probably did and got wasted. Newbie drinkers lol.

phuckphace
July 25th, 2015, 08:25 AM
it's a risk, and it's best not to take unnecessary risks in my book

that said, a few beers aren't going to do anything even to a 13 year old. even having a couple a day every day wouldn't really matter (your body can metabolize alcohol easily in moderate amounts, and beer itself is just fermented grain.) there are worse things you could put in your body is what I'm saying. the fact that you're only 13 probably helps, ironically enough, since you would feel intoxicated sooner from a much smaller amount.

your dad is the main reason why I wouldn't do it if I were you, looks like you made the best decision already. alcohol is gay and boring anyway lol

Meh Guy
July 25th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Wise decision. Don't worry too much about your friends saying those things. If anything they're probably a little more unsure of doing it. The old saying, "misery loves company" although it isn't misery, the point is the same.