PDA

View Full Version : Is VT dying

Whos_ur_Buddha
July 16th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I've been logging in allot laity and I've noticed we really don't have allot of people on anymore. When I first started using VT I was a freshmen so that was 3 years ago I noticed allot more people were online then. laity it doesn't seem like that anymore. And it bums me out because I love the site and I don't want it to go away. :(

xXoblivionXx
July 16th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Same :/ there were more active users when I first joined

mrjc
July 16th, 2015, 04:55 PM
hope not, love this site :D

lyhom
July 16th, 2015, 04:56 PM
there's been a similar topic not too long ago with a post that basically explains that last year VT had a huge crash that lasted around two weeks that caused the site to lose a lot of search engine rankings, which leads to new people not being able to find the site as easily and there's probably a few people who quit during the crash

that and forums in general are dying off in favour of other forms of social networking like twitter and instagram

DerBear
July 16th, 2015, 06:46 PM
there's been a similar topic not too long ago with a post that basically explains that last year VT had a huge crash that lasted around two weeks that caused the site to lose a lot of search engine rankings, which leads to new people not being able to find the site as easily and there's probably a few people who quit during the crash

that and forums in general are dying off in favour of other forms of social networking like twitter and instagram

Basically this, VT took a massive downturn when they were continuously going down and in some instances being down for a week. Its recovering though and VT is starting to appear on the top pages for things like 'teen forums' and stuff like that.

The Chatbox being gone might also contribute to people not sticking around as some who weren't continuous posters might lurk in the chat while they aren't posting.

Oh and interestingly enough apparently Twitter is actually loosing out right now in terms of member sign ups. Its been dropping for awhile according to several news sources.

everlong
July 16th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Seems like it may be dying, but it could be a lot worse. I've seen other sites that are very deep into death, VT seems fine compared to them.

StoppingTom
July 16th, 2015, 09:50 PM
The last forum I was on was/is highly active, and they have about 1/3rd the active members that VT has right now, so personally I'm not worried.

SethfromMI
July 16th, 2015, 10:08 PM
maybe to some extent, but I do think this site will always have people posting as long as VT is here

phuckphace
July 17th, 2015, 12:12 AM
not if I have anything to say about it